What in the world is this car seat on craigslist??

Momto1bigkiddo

Say what? :confused:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bab/292816337.html

Car Seat, discontinued item Front ride ok - $15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-292816337@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-03-12, 1:25PM PDT

This car seat was given to me but I had a bunch and then we got a mini van
It has a cradle that protect baby so it can be placed in front if you are pressed for space and have a sports car or something.

It was the big thing I guess but now they've gone out of business...I can imgaine you can use it like a normal car seat.

In original plastic wrappings and has factory tags, info on it.
15 obo

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Is it the "airbag safe" infant carseat? I would guess that is what it is, but $15 seems awful cheap for that seat.

Huh...

LuvBug

Id wonder if they even have the item lol! and if they are really looking to take your kid when you show up to get it :p

anyway it sounds like one of those airbag safe ones...

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I've seen pics of this seat, but can't remember what it is called.

It was discontinued, yes... federal laws require that the seat be labeled "WARNING: NOT for use in front of airbag." But of course, this seat is specifically made to go in front of the airbag. It had a giant bubble in front.

Man, I wish I could remember what it was called, it was ummm... unique looking.

I can't get the pictorial to work. :(

JaRylan

So would you be able to use it as a regular carseat without the base? Or with the base but in the backseat?

lynsgirl

I believe so. And I think it was discontinued more along the lines of why Britax is no longer offering the BabySafe infant seat here anymore - it was cost prohibitive and just didn't sell enough to make it profitable. I know it was a very heavy base and cost a lot to purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC