Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody want to sell a girly MA cover, or trade for a new Greystone cover?

I've got a brand new Greystone MA going to a girly-girl, and she'd love a girly cover.

Anyone?

TIA.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Anybody want to sell a girly MA cover, or trade for a new Greystone cover?

so you mean a swap? how about an ashley? how soon would you have to do the swap? what color are the straps?
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

The straps on this seat are grey. It's the one that Target sells.

Nikki!!! I know you're here, you lurker you.

How'd you like to trade the grey cover for an ashley floral?

Do you care when?

Would you sell it Starlight? I need a new cover for my Spare Marathon. It's elastic is all coming out, and won't stay on the seat when DD and DS get it..
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

I need to talk to dh about it, but I'm thinking about selling my spare Ashley Floral cover. I only used it a couple of months, so it is in perfect condition. I figure I don't really need it because I really love our Cowmooflage. Tessa is close enough to outgrowing the MA that I will be needing a Regent in a few months anyway. No real need to keep a spare MA cover...
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85

Senior Community Member mommy2jana's Avatar

I would swap my Ashley Floral for it, but I don't think tan straps would look very good with Greystone. Greystone would look much better in my car, though....let me think about it!
    Stephanie
    J - 6 yrs, 49 inches, 49 lbs, rides in Britax Regent (Onyx) and Recaro Vivo (Blush)
    K - 2 months, 11 lbs, 23 inches, rides in Chicco Key Fit 30 (Cubes)

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    Would you sell it Starlight? I need a new cover for my Spare Marathon. It's elastic is all coming out, and won't stay on the seat when DD and DS get it..
    I think we'd need to find a replacement for it first. This one isn't mine, and I don't think they're too keen on my cowmooflage... and I'm not ready to part w/ my freedom covers.

But for your elastic, that's easily fixed. All you need to do is head down to your fabric shop, get a bunch of elastic in 1/4 in or less, and stitch it to your cover, right over the old stuff. Obviously you want to make it "snug" but not too snug that you can't put it on.

My spare freedom cover needs it too, I should get my act together and take care of it while my sewing machine is still sitting on my table!

Milcah & Stephanie,

Let me know whatever you decide.

My SIL might be interested in buying an ashley cover as well... she bought a "boy" cover (I don't know which one) for her dd because it was on sale, and has asked me about replacements.

I'm waiting for Nikki (the new owner of the Greystone) to weigh in here.

Thanks!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Milcah & Stephanie,

Let me know whatever you decide.

My SIL might be interested in buying an ashley cover as well... she bought a "boy" cover (I don't know which one) for her dd because it was on sale, and has asked me about replacements.

I'm waiting for Nikki (the new owner of the Greystone) to weigh in here.

Thanks!
    I have an Ashley I can part with...but only the cover, no belly pad or harness pads or harness. I think it's in excellent used condition, no holes or stains or anything, and it looks good with gray straps http://www.carseatguide.com/articles/FFAlbum/Sarah.aspx (esp if you have gray seatbelts!)

What's the going rate for these on ebay, anyway?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

That's what I was just checking...

Here's what some recently ended for:

Brand new: 49.99 + 12 shipping, includes belly pad but not the comfort pads...comfort pads are 9.99 with free shipping if purchased at the same time as a cover.

Gently used: 52 + 10 shipping, includes belly pad and comfort pads

Gently used with small wear spot: 39.75 + 10 shipping, includes belly pad but no comfort pads
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85

There aren't any covers listed on ebay right now. Just full seats.

I guess Nikki can't access this page, as she's a newbie lurker.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msbeltran View Post
    That's what I was just checking...

Here's what some recently ended for:

Brand new: 49.99 + 12 shipping, includes belly pad but not the comfort pads...comfort pads are 9.99 with free shipping if purchased at the same time as a cover.

Gently used: 52 + 10 shipping, includes belly pad and comfort pads

Gently used with small wear spot: 39.75 + 10 shipping, includes belly pad but no comfort pads
    How about 43$ shipped? (I'm not sure if I have the power to approve her, I'll have to look again)

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Senior Community Member

I have a Sahara decathlon cover that is brandnew. It looks good on the Marathon as well. I only put it on there to see what it looks like. I was going to do matching seats but the Sahara Regent didn't work for us. If anyone is interested just let me know. I also have a Freedom cover that was used for 3 months and has sat in the closet for about a year I would be willing to part with and also a a foofy cover with no belly pad or strap covers I would really be willing to part with.
    J-10.5 yrs, 100 lbs, 4 ft 10.5 ins-adult seatbelt
    C-9yrs-Britax Parkway SG, Clek ozzi, Incognito
    S-6.5 yrs -Britax Parkway SG,

A foofy!!!!

How much!!!!

Man, I'd buy that for me, and I don't have any dd's!

(I have 2 freedoms tho - aren't they gorgeous!)

Senior Community Member

Ok, here is the foofy cover. I bought it off ebay for 36+ship. The elastic is great it looks like it was hardly used/no fading u usually see with the denim. I would like to get $36 for it. NO belly or shoulder pads.

This is a freedom cover that originally came on my son's seat. We used it about 3 months. Elastic is great. IT is lightly faded, no stains that I can find. I would like to get $40 for this one.

This a Decathlon Cover in Sahara. I tried it on the Marathon and it fits. The only thing is there is nothing covering the harness adjuster. Doesn't look bad though. This is brand new and came from Britax. I would like to get $60

I have lots of feedback on ebay under the username arly1983. I went a little cover crazy (if you can tell) I was going to list these on ebay tonight but I will give them a week here. If anyone is interested just pm me. BTW, I will take paypal or cashier's check/money order.

I would LOVE to have the Foofy but can't buy anything until AFTER Lifesavers. *pout*
    It sure would be cute between the Woodstock PWS, though!
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Senior Community Member

Yes, the freedom is georgeous. I have a Erin coming (which I will sell if I don;t like), and a all-star tan, and a cowmoo, and an olivia also. The Erin is supposed to go on my little boys old seat. For some reason I just can't part with the all-star. I guess its because he was in it so long.

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst View Post
    I would LOVE to have the Foofy but can't buy anything until AFTER Lifesavers. *pout*
    It sure would be cute between the Woodstock PWS, though!
    It was your little girls Cowmoo that made me want one.

Hold the foofy. If Nikki doens't buy it, I think I will.

This is $36 plus shipping, right? Not ppd?

How much do you think to [zip]?

Anybody want to buy a cowmoo or a greystone? Like new condition. :-)
    Last edited by Starlight; 03-06-2008 at 12:39 PM.

LOL I want it - but will DH agree to pay for it? THAT is the question. lol I have no use for my AF, maybe if I can get the "dinge" off the bottom I can sell it....

The cowmoo has really grown on me, surprisingly. At the time it was the only seat Dana had in stock and I couldn't wait for a particular cover to arrive from the factory. But it works out, because I'd have ordered AF and now I never use it.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley