OnSide Air Convertible Car Seat and RumiAir

ADS

christineka

Yep. The onside will be available mid July. (I think at kmart, walmart, and brus.) The rumi and boost air will be available mid August at brus.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I love the onside! and I haven't even seen it. Even if the same size as the avenue, that means it is the same size as the current marathon, so will last a long time rf, with the 40 pound limit, at under 100$.

essnce629

Wait, is that correct about the onSide convertible seat-- it rear-faces to 40lbs and forward-faces to 40lbs?!?! Why on earth would you chose that over the Complete Air convertible seat?

BabyKaykes

Wait, is that correct about the onSide convertible seat-- it rear-faces to 40lbs and forward-faces to 40lbs?!?! Why on earth would you chose that over the Complete Air convertible seat?

I was just coming to ask this...that doesn't make any sense at all.

DS just outgrew the Scenera RF by height (by weight long ago). So now at 40lb he'd not only flip forward but in a different seat as well?

firemomof3

Hmm, look at how close together the harness straps are on the RumiAir, that might be uncomfortable around the neck!

Evolily

DS just outgrew the Scenera RF by height (by weight long ago). So now at 40lb he'd not only flip forward but in a different seat as well?

Because it only costs $100 (on sale probably down to $80) whereas the cheapest version of the complete air costs $180.

I think it's awesome. Makes ERF more affordable- I think it will be the most affordable ERFing seat on the market.

What I would *love* is if they made the bottom harness slots as low as the sceneras, then it could be a seat that lasts from birth to 4ish.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Ok, um, gag! The onSide and Rumi are the ugliest seats I've seen in a long time. I hope I'm missing something in the online translation.

Wiggles

Onside isn't so bad, but I agree that the Rümi is the ugliest carseat on the market. It might just be my hatred of white plastic talking (I REALLY hate it--want to trade in my laundry basket for a new one because it's white plastic and I find white plastic is CONSISTENTLY HIDEOUS IN EVERYTHING) but it's HIDEOUS.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Wait, his torso is short enough to "just" fit in the scenera by height rear facing? That means he could get 2 more years rf in the Avenue, which I "think" is the same height as the new onside air. Ah, okay, he just hit 40, too. But, he is 4.5! Get a maestro now (in general for a kid like yours) and get another year harnessed, then a good high back (after an avenue, I am talking. after a scenera, 3 years harnessed).

Oh, and my 3.5 year old might fit rf in the onside, or the avenue at least (STILL need those comparisons) but is over 35 pounds. torso about 15-15.5. 21 month old is close to the same torso, at 26 pounds.

Ahhh, someone get comparison pics, please:love:

featherhead

I'll say it again (I think I've mentioned it in the other two or three threads already)... if you look closely the shell resembles the Scenera more than the Avenue, so I'm guessing it will be the same size as the Scenera.

BabyKaykes

Wait, his torso is short enough to "just" fit in the scenera by height rear facing? That means he could get 2 more years rf in the Avenue, which I "think" is the same height as the new onside air. Ah, okay, he just hit 40, too. But, he is 4.5! Get a maestro now (in general for a kid like yours) and get another year harnessed, then a good high back (after an avenue, I am talking. after a scenera, 3 years harnessed).

Oh, and my 3.5 year old might fit rf in the onside, or the avenue at least (STILL need those comparisons) but is over 35 pounds. torso about 15-15.5. 21 month old is close to the same torso, at 26 pounds.

Ahhh, someone get comparison pics, please:love:

Yes, short torso + peanut head = good car seat kid.:love: He's all legs. He will only be harnessed through Kindy, though - maybe next summer depending on his weight.

Yes, the Rumi is a horrid-looking seat, it's like the Nautilus of the 80s! But I just realized it has a no-rethread harness and TWELVE harness positions (hello Frontier, nice to meet you :whistle:).

I like this page with all the Air products: http://airprotect.safety1st.com/carseats.php

I'm getting my bff an onBoard 35 Air for her baby due in Sept. I can't wait to play with it with and actual newborn!

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor

Because a lot of people who don't do their research are still not looking at seats for their RF capability. There are lots of tiny 1 year olds riding forward facing in their brand new My Ride or Complete Air seats, because they look like nice comfy safe seats, not because they RF to 40 pounds.

a_js

Anyone know what the maximum harness height is on the Rumi? I wouldn't even care that it's hideous.

That booster looks gigantic. Maybe it's the angle it was photographed at, but it appears to be for the bigger kid set.

NannyMom

I'll say it again (I think I've mentioned it in the other two or three threads already)... if you look closely the shell resembles the Scenera more than the Avenue, so I'm guessing it will be the same size as the Scenera.

SOmeone (maybe you?) linked to a picture of the Cancadian Scenera, and it looked ALOT like the onSide. :(

AtTheSouthDam

The Rumi looks like an airplane seat, coach even :p

The OnSide reminds me more of the scenera. And as far as RF to 40 and FF to 40, why not? DD just recently out grew the scenera by hieght RF and she does have a peanut torso, 13". She is only 34# so she could FF another year in it. I think it is good affordable choice and looks more comfortable than the Scenera.

The booster looks like it has HUGE head wings. I have enough trouble keeping DD1's head in the Monterey. That ne is not gonna happen.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC