Need 3 seats and advice

MommyO

Ok, I'm a planner...so please bear with me. My LO has a snugride 32. Based on his height, I expect he will be within 1" of the top of the seat this fall (he'll be 1 later this week), so I'm trying to plan ahead (budgetary) for the purchase of the convertible seat he'll be moving into. That said, we have to purchase 3 seats due to work schedules & babysitter. (DH drops off, I pick up, sitter has LO all day).

I know there are reasonably priced seats (Costco Scenera) but I'm wondering what will work best with our (1) budget (2) vehicles (3) future child(ren). We are hoping to be having our second within the next year so the 5 yr "limit" on the infant seat won't be up and we plan to use it with #2.

I'm looking for recommendations that are reasonably priced, work in our cars, and work with the SnugRide 32 in our cars. We're willing to pay ~$150 for the seat that will be used most (in DH's car), but would prefer to spend closer to ~$50- 75 for my car and sitter's car. Additionally, we'd prefer if the seat goes beyond 40 lbs, but its probably not critical as our LO is average in height and just below avg in weight for his age.

The stats:
Looking for: Convertible seat
Primary Vehicle: 2004 Subaru Forester
Secondary Vehicle: 2006 Toyota Corolla
Sitter's Vehicle (used as much as primary): Dodge Caravan, not sure what year.
Would like new convertible seat to fit well with SnugRide 32 in future.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Last edited:
ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'd look at the MyRide for your primary vehicle. It RF to 40lbs, FF to 65lbs. It is only $115 at Walmart.com. There are others but they tend to be a little more than $150.

I'd look at Sceneras or Avenues for the 2nd vehicle(s). They are easy to install (though you will likely need noodles) and very budget friendly.

MommyO

Thanks for the advice. Do you recommend these seats in general...or do you know that they work well in most cars/the cars I described?

featherhead

Thanks for the advice. Do you recommend these seats in general...or do you know that they work well in most cars/the cars I described?

I have found the MyRide to be very easy to install. And yes, we recommend it a lot:) I think that is one seat that will work well in the majority of vehicles. My 3 year old still fits rear-facing in it.

MommyO

Be sure you are measuring correctly to tell when the seat will be outgrown :)

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't actually measured yet, but I noticed he's getting much closer to the top (not within 1" yet, but we've grown quite a bit in the last month or so). Now I'll know how to measure properly. Hopefully, now that I'll be measuring properly, I will have a bit more time to save up for those seats and keep an eye out for sales...ALWAYS a plus!

Thanks to everyone!

MommyO

Just a quick update....I got two EFTA's last night at Kmart for $55 each. I've heard good things (and seen good reviews) for them both here and the Baby Bargains boards. At that price, I couldn't pass them up. I would have spent nearly that much on Sceneras and I should get a bit more use from the EFTA's AND hopefully they'll be a bit more comfy for DS. I think the last seat is going to be a Graco My Ride....should be good! YAY!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

featherhead

Just a quick update....I got two EFTA's last night at Kmart for $55 each. I've heard good things (and seen good reviews) for them both here and the Baby Bargains boards. At that price, I couldn't pass them up. I would have spent nearly that much on Sceneras and I should get a bit more use from the EFTA's AND hopefully they'll be a bit more comfy for DS. I think the last seat is going to be a Graco My Ride....should be good! YAY!

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Awesome! I have an EFTA as well, it's a great seat:)

rachelandtyke

:thumbsup: Great deal on great seats! You will got lots of use out of them for sure. We have one that my DD uses at nearly 5 and she still has lots of room to go in it (forward facing). She would have fit rear facing until she was 4 or more, but we didn't have the seat at that time. Those plus a MyRide will be perfect.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC