washing Frontier cover - and stains

aeormsby

I need to wash our Frontier cover. I've washed our MA covers plenty of times but haven't attempted the Frontier yet - any tips? Also, what would be the safest/best way to try to get some stains out of the seat pad? Soak in Oxiclean? Spray with Shout?

Thanks

ADS

tracee877

I know it says not to but I machine washed mine in cold on the gentle cycle and then hung it up to dry. I'm not sure about the stains, what kind are they? Maybe wash it first to see if they come out before treating them?

aeormsby

I was planning on washing it in the machine, I've done that with other covers and never had any problems.

The seat is just very dingy looking, although it doesn't have any very big spots or anything like that, probably because it's red. I just don't think it will come completely clean just washing it.

mamabear

I ruined my first cover by machine washing.It caused more pilling and made little specks of debris get stuck under the mesh, embedded in the foamy under layer. I always had machine washed my MA and RA, but ooooooh nooooooo what it did to my FR cover!!

Here is what I found worked better ( on my new cover):

1. spray Oxyclean spot remover on the dirtiest parts and let sit.

2. fill my bathtub with lukewarm water.

3. lay the cover in the bathtub and gently agitate my hand.

4. let sit/soak for 10 or so minutes

5. scrub the dirty parts gently with my fingertips.

6. I let out the water and use my handheld shower head to rinse. or you can re fill the tub with clean water and "squish" the soap out. repeat until water is clear.

7. squeeze out the cover and lay on a towel, then roll up the towel to remove excess water.

8. drip dry.:)

I've done this twice on the new cover and it comes out GREAT. 100 times better that what the machine did to the last one.I was happily surprised by how well it worked. It still looks almost brand new.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC