Budget friendly seats that puzzle well - Altima

kidnurse

I am looking for some budget friendly seats that puzzle well in a Nissan Altima for a 3 across. Any suggestions?

ADS

Maedze

Three Radians, with either 1 or 2 rear facing, puzzle very nicely, but I realize they aren't precisely budget-friendly :eek:

kidnurse

We need maximum versatility as these seats will be used with a variety of children in a foster situation. But currently we are hoping for at least 2 rearfacing, maybe 3 if possible. All would be 5 point harnesses, no boosters at this time.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
In that case, I agree with Maedze. Three Radians would be a good purchase. To make them more afforable, buy three Radian 65 seats. :) :) :)

Two Radians and an Avenue would also be good, but I am not sure how well they would puzzle due to the low profile of all. Perhaps one or two MyRides would work?

Maedze

Ok, you probably don't want a rear facing Radian behind the driver's seat. It does recline pretty well and you'd have to jack the seat up.

I'd get one Radian, do it rear facing in the middle, and then two higher profile seats to rear face on the outboard. My Rides would do the trick, I'll bet! If the My Rides are too wide, I'd look at either the Evenflo Titan, or Britax convertibles.

Obviously of the three, the Titans are the cheapest, and also the shortest-lasting in either direction.

jeminijad

Not a CPST, just a parent who owns an Altima, a Titan and a Radian.

Evenflo Titan is a great puzzle seat! If you are likely to have small kids often, it doesn't so much matter that it isn't a tall shell. It is very narrow on the bottom.

The Radian installs RFing pretty upright in the 03-06 Altimas- so much so that I even had it behind the driver's seat. If you end up with one, check out the tricks here. It can definitely go in the middle instead, if the driver/passenger is tall (I'm 5'6 and it was fine.)

kidnurse

Thanks everyone, we ended up getting 3 RF seats in well. In order from behind the driver, a Britax, a Radian, and a Priori (?) Maxi Cosi.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC