Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Cosco Scenera

Cosco Scenera

Does anyone know what the height limit is for this car seat? TIA for your help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Re: Cosco Scenera

There probably is an height guideline, but I don't know it . It also may vary whether you live- I think Canada has (or had?) a very short height limit.

But, the torso height limit for the scenera is 1 inch from the top of the shell. Most people here take overall height limits/guidelines more as suggestions or general rules, as it is torso height and weight that determine if a seat fits or not.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

36" for rearfacing, and 43" for forward facing. In my experience, that's about right... my dd's head was about an inch from the top for rearfacing at that height (about age 2), and her shoulders were right at the top slots for forward facing at that height. Here's a picture of her almost too tall for it at almost age 4... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag...78091566001538
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Thank you so much for the responses. Both helped a lot. DS is 38 in. tall but also has a long torso. We may have to venture to the nearby Target to play with their Scenera. Looking for a light weight seat to take in the plane, not sure how we'd lug the heavy GN.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Another super tall FF choice is the Evenflo Maestro, I think at Sears or Kmart, the top slots are like 18", like the Nautilus, rather than the Scenera's 14.5ish top slots. Evenflo Chase is also taller than the Scenera, almost 17" top slots (only a 40bl harness weight limit, the Maestro is 50lbs and actually makes a good booster later, the Chase is only good harnessed, as a booster it fits very poorly and may be dangerous).
    Good luck!
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Do you happen to know how heavy the Maestro is? I sent the company an e-mail asking the same question just thought I'd ask here too. TIA!

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cath_b View Post
    Do you happen to know how heavy the Maestro is? I sent the company an e-mail asking the same question just thought I'd ask here too. TIA!
    Lighter than most seats that accomodate taller kids. How much lighter, IDK, but lighter.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos