Britax Boulevard buckle adjustment?

rheannon

I just bought my first Britax. I got the Boulevard and seem to be perplexed by the little room it allows their little bottoms between the back of the seat and the buckle between their legs. It doesn't seem to adjust out like most carseats. My 10 months old (weighs only 16 lbs) practically sits on the buckle and I have to push her diaper in just to buckle her in. Looks really uncomfortable for her and hard to undo it being so snug against her diaper. Any suggestions? Does it get better after shes out of diapers? Thanks!
Rheannon mommy of 3
Tanner 5
Colton 3
Audrey 10 months

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

First, did you keep the infant insert in? Second, how do you have it installed? Sometimes the belt interferes with the crotch buckle if you route it wrong.

That said, they are made short for a reason. IT is to keep the belts on the thighs, and not the belly, so the child is kept down in the seat in an impact.

IMG_8271_10.jpg

rheannon

I have the body insert in which could come out, I was just so excited to use everything :). It is in the rear facing position. It does make sense that they keep it snug to keep it on the thighs and not the legs. Thank you. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC