thinking of a 5th seat

amy&girls

for my van for my nephew to ride in. The titan expires at the end of the year. I would need it to puzzle between two boosters. (we don't go very far, or very often, but its the only way a 3 across works back there) Its mostly a just in case, so I don't want to spend too much money on a seat. and it has to be easy to install b/c usually in the third row is my 6yr olds turbobooster and my 3yr olds nautilus. the few days a week I have him, it stays that way, and if we need to go somewhere (like to pick my daughter up from school if she gets sick) then I rearrange the seats, put in the big kid booster and the titan next to the turbo and move the nautilus out. (I let my 3yr old ride in the Apex and my almost 5yr old ride in the turbo and my 6yr old in the big kid booster and put my nephew rear-facing in the titan between the two boosters, leaving my 18 month old still in her EFTA rear-facing behind me) I do have a Scenera, but it doesn't puzzle very well back there. It fits, but its next to impossible to get the boosters buckled.

keep in mind that my nephew is 31lbs (can you say chubby baby?:)), 34in and 16 months. I'd like him to rear-face as long as possible in my car (my sister's already turned him) I also only have him 3 days a week, and we usually only go somewhere like 2 times a month, so I don't want to spend $200 on a seat that will rarely get used.

ETA this is also important as when I last watched him (mid-may) he was border 30lbs, which is what my old crappy Titan rear-faces too, so now he would no longer be able to rear-face in the seat, only forward

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So, do you want to go $150 for a MyRide (which with its narrow base MIGHT puzzle between boosters), or do you want to rear-face him for 4 more lbs. and then turn him?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What about a ride safer travel vest for one of the forward facing kids, and put the baby in the Scenera?

Otherwise, I'd look for a decently priced My Ride so you could get a 40 pound limit rear facing. Or an EFTA65, put your nephew in the other captain's chairs, and an RSTV and two boosters in the back (the RSTVs, at least the old ones, don't expire, so you'll get years and years of use out of it).

Wendy

amy&girls

is there an age limit on the RSTV? like could my 6yr old (7 in september) use it? She weighed in yesterday at the doctor at 54lbs. I have no idea about her height though.

amy&girls

b/c if I got that, I could put my nephew in the scenera, her in the vest, and my almost 5yr old in the turbo booster. I have until mid-august to figure this out, as its when my sister goes back to work (she's a teacher)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC