i have to many car seats

vangelder03

I need to figure out what i should get rid of if any
my car
ds1 regent dd regent (she still is throwing up ff) ds2 true fit new baby safeseat with all seats my kids have at least another 2 yrs

currently seperated from dh but it will be easier to trade cars if he takes all 4 of them or even 3 of them and the two regents should fit in his car if he just takes the older kids

my mom get better gas milage than my car and will be taking older 3 on vacation with her in an 08 honda crv need to figure out 3 across with her that allows dd to be rf ( my mom can't deal with her getting sick) and ds2 rf as well along with ds1 harnessed
seats available for the 3 across
2 truefits a roundabout 50 and a complete air i also have a recaro vivo and an old style parkway but my mom is not thrilled about ds1 being in a booster til he is more mature and she can just drive my car for day to day outings
my gas mileage 17 miles hers like 30 so she won't switch for vacations

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am having a hard time understanding your post.

Regarding your children:
ds1 regent dd regent (she still is throwing up ff) ds2 true fit new baby safeseat with all seats my kids have at least another 2 yrs
Am I understanding correctly that you have four children?
  1. Oldest DS (age? weight?) is in a Regent
  2. Oldest DD (age? weight?) is in a Regent
  3. Younger DS (age? weight?) is in a True Fit
  4. Baby (age? weight?) is in a SafeSeat

Regarding your DH:
currently seperated from dh but it will be easier to trade cars if he takes all 4 of them or even 3 of them and the two regents should fit in his car if he just takes the older kids
  1. Am I understanding correctly that you and your DH are separated and that you have primary custody?
  2. Your DH's car can fit the two Regents for the older children, but his car cannot fit more than two seats?
  3. HOWEVER, if he needs to take more than the older two, he can borrow your car?

Regarding your mother:
my mom get better gas milage than my car and will be taking older 3 on vacation with her in an 08 honda crv need to figure out 3 across with her that allows dd to be rf ( my mom can't deal with her getting sick) and ds2 rf as well along with ds1 harnessed
seats available for the 3 across
2 truefits a roundabout 50 and a complete air i also have a recaro vivo and an old style parkway but my mom is not thrilled about ds1 being in a booster til he is more mature and she can just drive my car for day to day outings
my gas mileage 17 miles hers like 30 so she won't switch for vacations
  1. Your mother is taking your older three children on vacation and needs a three-across?
  2. Your mother needs your DD and your younger DS to be RF?
  3. Your mother needs your older DS to be harnessed?
  4. For your mother's car, you have two TrueFits, a Roundabout 50, and a Complete Air from which to choose?

Regarding vacation planning, I have a few questions:
  • Will your DS1 fit FF (harnessed) in any of the seats you have listed?
  • How much room is there in the back of the CR-V?
  • Do each of your children fit in each of the seats you have?

Regarding getting rid of carseats:
Am I understanding that you currently have
  • Two Regents
  • Two True Fits
  • A Complete Air
  • A Roundabout 50
  • A SafeSeat
  • A Vivo
  • A Parkway

Without knowing the ages and weights of your children, it is hard to know what to suggest. If you post back with your children's ages and weights, it will be easier to know what to suggest.

vangelder03

ds1 40lbs 16.5 inch torso 6yrs old on 9/23/10
dd 30lbs 15.5 inch torso turned 4 on 6/8/10
ds2 19lbs ? inch torso turns 2 8/4/10
ds3 due 9/1/10
the only harnessed seats that fit third row of my car are the regents
ds1 and dd use them dd still gets car sick trying tofigure out how to stop her from getting sick
dh car is a toyota corolls so we could fit three seats in his car
grandmas car 2008 honda crv have no idea how much room she has
gathered all car seats in the garage
we have
2 regents
older parkway
recaro vivo
3 truefits
safeguard go
2 complete air
safe seat with base
safe seat base
roundabout 50

TheQueenMother

For your mom's car, could you try the two CAs outboard rfing for dd and ds2 with a tf in the center for ds1 ffing?
If ds1 goes in the back row of your suburban in his regent, outboard passenger side, could you puzzle a rfing seat in the third row center? In my old suburban with two benches, I would leave the passenger seat second row folded down, leaving access to the third row. If you loaded dd first, she could climb into her rfing seat, then let ds1 climb in. By standing in the passenger doorway, put baby in center and have ds2 crawl under the infant carrier. Buckle back row and then walk around and buckle ds2 in the drivers side seat.
Honestly, I would try to create a workable solution for three in dh's car. Booster ds1 and put dd and ds2 in seats. Then sell what doesn't work. But I think you deserve your privacy in your car and the ability to run errands or whatever with baby while he has visitation.

vangelder03

For your mom's car, could you try the two CAs outboard rfing for dd and ds2 with a tf in the center for ds1 ffing?
If ds1 goes in the back row of your suburban in his regent, outboard passenger side, could you puzzle a rfing seat in the third row center? In my old suburban with two benches, I would leave the passenger seat second row folded down, leaving access to the third row. If you loaded dd first, she could climb into her rfing seat, then let ds1 climb in. By standing in the passenger doorway, put baby in center and have ds2 crawl under the infant carrier. Buckle back row and then walk around and buckle ds2 in the drivers side seat.
Honestly, I would try to create a workable solution for three in dh's car. Booster ds1 and put dd and ds2 in seats. Then sell what doesn't work. But I think you deserve your privacy in your car and the ability to run errands or whatever with baby while he has visitation.

i have a 2002 mercury mountaineer 2nd row is 3 seats but third row is just 2
seats and 3rd row is one solid seatback so no 50/50 split

TheQueenMother

Will any seat fit rfing in the third row? I imagine your life is stressful enough right now without dealing with car sickness on top of everything else.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC