myride 65 vs safety 1st complete air - the position a child sits in?

skyebows

ok so we just switched my daughter from rear facing at 2 years 8 months and zt5 pounds. We would have gone to three bbut she has been freaking out in the car. After 6 months of the screaming I just couldn't take it anymore and was happy we made it passed two and a half. After putting her in her myrise 65 a couple of times (which she still freaks out in) I noticed she is fine with sitting at the edge but the second I lean her back to be buckled she freaks. I a starting to think it's because she is laying back more then sitting up. Can anyone tell me what seats that harness for a while would be more sitting up? sdoes the safety 1st air one sit up more? My only fear of the air one is iy is on sale everywhere kind of suggests to me no one is buying them :( which I'm not a safety first fan either. Thanks

ADS

lmd123

The MyRide does keep kids pretty reclined when FF. She might really prefer sitting more upright.

If you're not interested in RF her any longer, you don't need to buy another convertible seat like the Safety First. What about a Nautilus or Frontier 85?

emandbri

I'm impressed you made it rear-facing so long! If you are going to have her forward facing anyway I would check out the graco nautilus since it has taller slots than the complete air.

icnee

The CA would sit her more up right even RFing, so if she doesn't like being so reclind then you may be able to rf her again in the CA, If you wanted to try to rf again, I just bought one yesterday (I am not a Saftey First fan either ) so far I am loving it. But if you dont want to try to rfing again then I agree with the pp that the seats she sugggested would be a better option.

jess71903

Ambassador
Yeah, the Nautilus is really quite upright. That would be my choice if you are going to have her FF. I couldn't tell from you post if you wanted to keep her RF or turn her, though. The Complete Air can be installed pretty upright. The True Fit can usually be also, but it requires at least 35 degrees.

skyebows

awesome thanks girls I'll check them all out. With rear facing the only reason I could extend it past 18 months was with the 65 dd is very long and the 65 allows for enough recline that her feet go over the edge but I guess the good is also the bad :) I'm thinking we will just ff I don't know though if I could get her calm rf I would so do it again but she has been just flipping out and I have tried everything from tv coloring music toys special treats all of it she just screams and when she scream then so does her brother so car rides become pretty horrifying :(

babyherder

I would go to a store where they let you try out seats in your car. Try the CA rear facing and then sit your dd in it and see how she reacts. That seems like the easiest way to figure out if she will be ok rear facing with a more upright seat.

Jennifer mom to my 7

awesome thanks girls I'll check them all out. With rear facing the only reason I could extend it past 18 months was with the 65 dd is very long and the 65 allows for enough recline that her feet go over the edge but I guess the good is also the bad :) I'm thinking we will just ff I don't know though if I could get her calm rf I would so do it again but she has been just flipping out and I have tried everything from tv coloring music toys special treats all of it she just screams and when she scream then so does her brother so car rides become pretty horrifying :(

You know, have you tried just getting the seat more upright rf? There are tricks to do so. could you post a pic of the install maybe? There is no reason to worry about her feet touching the vehicle seat back. Perfectly safe to do so:)

skyebows

You know, have you tried just getting the seat more upright rf? There are tricks to do so. could you post a pic of the install maybe? There is no reason to worry about her feet touching the vehicle seat back. Perfectly safe to do so:)

To get it more upright the little level piece would be in the red, I believe the seat is made to recline :( Also the reason I really liked the seat while she was rear facing is because her feet didn't touch she gets really pissed in her other when she had to have her legs crossed thats why we went on the search for a different seat. It worked for a while but I think she is just ready to be forward :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC