What is the most narrow booster?

Holly

Both my dd's are in Radians and will probably fit for another 2 years or so.
I thought our plan was to pay off our car and then get a new loan on a van (can't buy another vehicle until we pay off the car).
I thought it would be just 2 years until the car is paid off. I talked to dh about it today, and it sounds like it will be longer than that.

So now I'm thinking about future booster use in my car. My 3 across is already tight with 2 radians and a RA50. How am I going to fit a booster in there if the girls outgrow the radians before we can get a van?
Even if she doesn't outgrow the radian yet, I think I would be ok with dd1 being in a booster full time next year when she is 6. She's been noticing boosters lately and is aware of how other kids ride. She rode in a booster with MIL once and loved it. I'm thinking by next year, as long as she fits fine and is mature enough to sit right (which I'm sure she will be, she probably could right now) then I will be fine with switching.

Is there a booster that would likely make this an option?

ADS

TerisBoys

Frankly, who knows what will be out in the next year or so. There have been quite a few new boosters on the market this past year.

Also, you can hand her Radian down to Josh, which will also free up space in the backseat.

christineka

I think the turbobooster is the narrowest decent booster. I, however would just keep your dd harnessed as long as possible for the ease of buckling, but have a booster available for riding in other vehicles.

(After switching ds to a booster after his 7th birthday, he whined and cried to have his radian back because it was easier to buckle.)

lovinwaves

I wouldn't worry about it right now. Circumstances can change drastically in a year. New car seats are always coming out on the market, and if you aren't actively seeking putting your DD1 in a booster I wouldn't even think about it. Who knows, maybe the car will wrecked before then, stolen, or maybe your DH will get an amazing promotion and you will be buying a new car anyways. :p

We put dd (just turned 6) in a booster about a month or so ago, and let me tell you...it's a PITA! She hates it, I hate it, and she wants her Radian back. I'm sure in a tight 3 across it can be even more difficult.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Frankly, who knows what will be out in the next year or so. There have been quite a few new boosters on the market this past year.

Also, you can hand her Radian down to Josh, which will also free up space in the backseat.

:thumbsup:
Yep, you can put Josh in a radian, so you wont need a booster as narrow as a radian, just as narrow as a marathon!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC