They're up, they're up!!! New Britax owner's manuals!

ADS

MomToEliEm

Was this in the previous marathon manuals (page 6 of the marathon manual)?

Infant positioning insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a
snug fit of the harness around your child. Infant positioning insert sold
separately.

Are they talking about a britax product or one of the 3rd party add-on infant inserts?

featherhead

I see that for rear-facing it's one inch from the top of the shell, NOT the headrest, as some were hoping.

skitle1802

separately.

Are they talking about a britax product or one of the 3rd party add-on infant inserts?

On page 14 they show 5. Infant body pillow. So it looks like it should be a Britax product. It doesn't say "on equipped models" so who knows if it will be included or sold separately.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

separately.

The body pillow is part of the included comfort padding. For small infants there is a separate foam insert that goes under the cover you can buy from Britax. It is basically the same that you can order tor the Chaperone.

I see that for rear-facing it's one inch from the top of the shell, NOT the headrest, as some were hoping.

I'm interested in verification of that. The BLVD70 manual does not specify that that the headrest does not count as part of the shell, and the pic for that section is the MA70, so who knows.

hrice

What does this apply to? Page 2

"Use only in a rear-facing position when using it with an infant
weighing less than 20 lbs (9.1 kg) OR is less than 1 year of age"

I saw this on the side of the Evenflo Symphony 65 the other day too.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What does this apply to? Page 2

"Use only in a rear-facing position when using it with an infant
weighing less than 20 lbs (9.1 kg) OR is less than 1 year of age"

I saw this on the side of the Evenflo Symphony 65 the other day too.

Just means rf'ing is not optional for those ages/weights. If they are over 20lbs and over 1yr...they can ff...or rf...but under, they must rf.

Athena

Thank you, I was just about to look for this.

I am so disappointed. What were they thinking?! This doesn't make any sense. What's the point of adding that 5 pounds while simultaneously shrinking the height limit? And why add rear facing leg room so tall kids will be more comfortable when by the time they really need that additional leg room they would probably have outgrown it by height anyway? I'd be okay with them keeping the old height limit, but reducing it? Seriously? I don't get it.
:crying: :mad:
ETA: Am I the only who is upset about them shrinking the RF height capacity of the seat? After all the complaints over the 35 pound limit being too low, am I the only one who is considering not buying one because of the short shell?

I'm interested in verification of that. The BLVD70 manual does not specify that that the headrest does not count as part of the shell, and the pic for that section is the MA70, so who knows.

I had been hoping that too, but it occurred to me (last night?) that there would be limitations to how high the head piece could go rear facing because it would have to be kept low enough to keep the shoulder straps at or below the child's shoulders. Still, it might have helped.

ETA: Watching the video review because apparently I'm not sad enough. Loving the crimson. Wish it would work for tall kids!

Last edited:

Athena

I may be a little late on this, but I just noticed that the splitter plate just has one slot for both straps. I don't like that. I suspect it will be harder to use and the current kind is so nice and easy to use. I guess with the new adjustable head piece it won't be needed as much, except for the RA55.

kidzndogz

I may be a little late on this, but I just noticed that the splitter plate just has one slot for both straps. I don't like that. I suspect it will be harder to use and the current kind is so nice and easy to use. I guess with the new adjustable head piece it won't be needed as much, except for the RA55.

Yeah that would piss me off to no end. It's like the Radian splitter, which I detest. Fortunately with the no rethread adjuster on most models it won't have to be dealt with really.

crunchierthanthou

Yeah that would piss me off to no end. It's like the Radian splitter, which I detest. Fortunately with the no rethread adjuster on most models it won't have to be dealt with really.

The new Frontier85 one is like that too. Good point that you'll hardly ever have to change it - especially with the new covers. I wonder if it was because the old wider one would get stuck on the Frontier. It would catch on the plastic ledges on the outside of the harness channel on the back.

christineka

ETA: Am I the only who is upset about them shrinking the RF height capacity of the seat? After all the complaints over the 35 pound limit being too low, am I the only one who is considering not buying one because of the short shell?

I am happy for this. It means there is no reason for me to lust after one. I don't needs to spend my time wishing I had yet another, super expensive car seat. Sorry for others who actually wanted one, though.

marjen

ETA: Watching the video review because apparently I'm not sad enough. Loving the crimson. Wish it would work for tall kids!

In the video review, it shows that the new Marathon headrest extends pretty high above the shell when it is at the highest point. So would that affect the RF height limit at all? Just curious if the headrest height will count.

DahliaRW

Well, with no added shell height, might as well save my money and buy a MR! The seat depth looks the same too. Dissapointing.

Athena

I am happy for this. It means there is no reason for me to lust after one. I don't needs to spend my time wishing I had yet another, super expensive car seat. Sorry for others who actually wanted one, though.

:)

In the video review, it shows that the new Marathon headrest extends pretty high above the shell when it is at the highest point. So would that affect the RF height limit at all? Just curious if the headrest height will count.

Not according to the manual that states the shell is the guide. Also, the harness straps that are attached to that head piece have to remain at or below shoulders so you wouldn't be able to raise it higher than that anyway. :(

Well, with no added shell height, might as well save my money and buy a MR! The seat depth looks the same too. Dissapointing.

Good point. Now that the Britax shells have shrunk, will the MR be taller?

ZephyrBlue

I agree. Would really like to hear what the official word from Britax is.

jeno

Senior Community Member
Coming straight from the BLVD70 manual. Looks like this will not be a seat for us afterall. I'm totally bummed.

Use rear-facing with children:

when the top of the child’s head is at
least 1 in. (2.5 cm) below the top of the
child seat shell (Fig. A)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC