Question Britax C-S thingy- how bad is the adjuster, really?

ZephyrBlue

Can someone who owns/has owned a seat with the Click Safe whatchamacallit tell me if the harness adjuster stayed hard to use, or loosened up with time? I just saw a reference to it in another thread and it made the CS feature sound like a major PITA. I am eyeing the new Emily BV 70 w/the CS (totally because of the cover, I'm shameful to admit ;)) but if it's going to give me fits to adjust RF, then I need to start falling in love with another cover.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think you won't even notice it...you know what a good harness fit looks and feels like, you'll just tug to the right tightness appropriately and ignore the clicking (either when it's too loose, or you'll never hear it, because on our floor model at BRU you literally have to crush the child to ever get the clicker to click).

love-pink

i had one and as far as tightening it was the same. as far as a clicking noise mine clicked but i never payed any attention to it :twocents:

ZephyrBlue

oh good. my interpretation was that it was much harder to adjust (harder tug tug tug mechanism) than the regular britax convertible adjusters and i didn't know if i wanted to sign up for that

Maedze

The tension/ratcheting is the same. You just need to ignore the CS feature because it doesn't work.

Athena

i had one and as far as tightening it was the same. as far as a clicking noise mine clicked but i never payed any attention to it :twocents:

Have all the adjusters gotten harder to adjust? Because our CS adjuster is harder to pull and tighten than our non-CS. So now I am wondering if it is because our non-CS was manufactured a couple years earlier and maybe they have all gotten worse? That would be good because I am now trying to talk myself out of a new Britax seat because of the reduced RF height limit. Or maybe they do loosen with time. that may be it. I don't like the CS so our new beautiful seat became our spare and has not been used enough to know. So may be I should try using it more to loosen it up. Good idea! I agree with everyone .. just ignore the clicking. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC