How do you keep grey straps clean???

leighi123

The harness on ds's radian looks gross already, and we've only used the seat for a little over 4 months.

He is not allowed food in the car, occassionally water (from a sports top water bottle), and he rarely wears shoes at all let alone in the car!

But the straps look icky, and wiping them with a barely damp cloth does nothing.

Anyone know how much a new set of straps costs? (black ones!)

ADS

Mae

Anyone know how much a new set of straps costs? (black ones!)

$7.99 with $6.99 shipping. But, they're grey. I don't think SKJP sells black replacement sets. Maybe call them?

Another thing to keep in mind before you order a new seat, what is your DOM on your Radian? You can't replace the harness set unless it's manufactured after September of '08. ETA- Ah, I see you have an XTSL.

Do you know that your picture in your siggy doesn't show up? You have to actually click the link to see it. That's why it took me a minute to see you have an XTSL. :) If you add
after the link, your picture will show up in your siggy. ;) Then it just might be too big though.

Dillipop

Try a wetter cloth? I usually use a wet cloth and wipe them down. As long as you aren't soaking them, it should be fine. Gets mine pretty clean pretty quickly.

leighi123

I'll try a little bit wetter cloth, Im just kinda paranoid about getting them too wet!

And Im going to call and ask if they can get me some black ones, I need to call about some other things anyways (my boot foot got smushed, the belly pad frayed AGAIN, and I lost one of the little black pegs that holds the cover on)

Yes I know my pic doesnt show up, I've been meaning to fix it! I have to make it smaller again b/c its too big and I was too lazy before... :)

Have you tried baking soda and water? Just asking because dd straps on her Marathon are tan and baking soda and water gets them not icky anymore...dont soak them in it use a toothbrush and scrub at it. HTH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC