You did what now? (Bizarre thing I saw today..)

a_js

So today I am walking to class and I see a carseat in a car. It's an interesting shape and I've never seen one like it. Maybe a Coccoro? I walked directly past the car windows down the sidewalk and then I recognized it.. black with white mesh, 65 lb stamped on the harness pads, 100 lbs stamped on the seat cover. Yes. It is a Nautilus. With no headrest. :confused::eek: I almost took a picture. How would you even accomplish that? I thought it came with the headrest attached.

ADS

NannyMom

Head rest doesn't come attached. I've seen headless Nautiluses on youtube. I think parents either assume it's for the booster and they don't need it yet, or figure the child's head isn't that high (not realizing it adjusts) and don't use it.

A headless Parkway was interesting to see. Luckily the owner was someone taking a little class from me and I was able to tell her that isn't allowed (child had outgrown it's height.

AYospe

Yup, seen it twice so far. One was a pic of a friend's 11 month old forward facing in a no headrest Nauti and the other was a pic of another friend's 2 year old in one. I said something to the friend about the 11 month old. Well actually I didn't even mention the headrest because I was trying to convince them she needed to be in a rear facing convertible. I do not know what the outcome of that was or if she's still in the Nauti without the headrest. I have no idea why they thought to use it without the headrest. They obviously did not read the manual at all.

4boysmom

I have no idea why they thought to use it without the headrest. They obviously did not read the manual at all.

Well the true fit has a removable (for rearfacing) headrest. I am thinking that may have a tiny possible reasoning for some if the child is too short to "need" it..

Mommy2Marcus

I have seen a couple of headless Nautilus myself. One was parked next to my car with a Nautilus in it with the headrest on. I scrached my head over it b/c it clearly shows everywhere on the seat that there is a diagram with the seat being used that the headrest is on. Crazyness I tell you.

amyd

I've assembled two Nautili now and both came in two pieces- the bottom and the back. The headrest wasn't separate from the back in either one. I didn't even realize the headrest came off. Bizarre.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've assembled two Nautili now and both came in two pieces- the bottom and the back. The headrest wasn't separate from the back in either one. I didn't even realize the headrest came off. Bizarre.

I remember cramming the headrest down on one model, then not having to do that on the next one (floor models at BRU). Maybe Graco saw those youtubes and facebooks and decided they'd better package it so there's less assembly and less confusion?

I've seen a headless Turbo, once, too (in the car of several highly educated lawyers, you'd think THEY'd read the manual :rolleyes:)

a_js

I've seen a headless Turbo, once, too (in the car of several highly educated lawyers, you'd think THEY'd read the manual :rolleyes:)

You'd think. After hearing my highly educated friend (two master's and a Ph.D) explain to me that what mattered was that her kids were IN a carseat (it didn't matter if it was expired or had been in an accident), I'm less inclined to believe that education is a factor..

I had no idea the Nautilus headrest came off. Or the Turbo, for that matter, and I even have one..

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
My Nauti came without the headrest installed....and I had to snap on the "arms." But it was one of the 1st ones out too.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC