spreadsheet questions

ntrenary

I just looked at the spreadsheet for convertible carseat measurments.
It says the RA50 has a 25" internal seating height and the Radian 80 has a 24.25" height. I have both and my son has a few inches to go RFing in his Radian and just over a inch left in the RA50.
Am I measureing wrong or is the spreadsheet info wrong?

Also, I know Radian raised their RFing weight limits on the 80, but I thought they went to 35lbs now (instead of 33) but the spreadsheet says it RF's to
40lbs.
Please tell me it goes to 40. D is almost 3 and barley 30lbs so if it goes to 40 he'll easily make it to 4 years old RFing!

ADS

Maedze

The Radian has a taller shell than the Britax convertibles. The measurements are user-reported and not verified, so keep that in mind.

If your Radian 80 was manufactured after September 2008, it goes to 40 pounds rear facing. If it's a Radian 80SL, it goes to 45 pounds rear facing.

MomToEliEm

Please feel free to submit your measurements for either seat. There should be a "submit" form on the left had side of the main measurements page. Maybe the Roundabout is being reported higher then it should or the radian is too low. Sometimes the Britax seats are more sloped seats which may make a child lose more height than the straighter back on the radian, which might also account for the size difference you are seeing. I don't have either seat so I can't measure them myself.

ntrenary

Is there a specific way to measure them? or do I just go out with a tape measure, push down on the fabric and measure all the way to the top of the shell?

My Radian was made in '07, so does it only go to 35lbs?

MomToEliEm

Is there a specific way to measure them? or do I just go out with a tape measure, push down on the fabric and measure all the way to the top of the shell?

My Radian was made in '07, so does it only go to 35lbs?

If you click on the actual submission form, I indicate how to do the specific measurements. For the Internal Seating Height, I state the following:
Internal Seating Height
Measure from the bottom of the seat (compress cover and padding during measurement) to the top of the shell. If the shell height varies, get a measurement at a position where the child's head would be typically be positioned.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC