Car seat suggestions for 03 Buick Century

fyrfightermomma

My kids babysitter just emailed me asking for help with seats. They have a new baby coming in 4 weeks. She also has a 50 lb 5 year old and 40 lb 3 year old.

She says the 5 year old is in a no back booster and the 3 year old is in a Scenera (I told her he needed a new seat)

The baby will be in a snugride from their first child so I'm assuming it's expired

I told her I would ask here first before I gave suggestions cause I have no clue what would fit. They have an 03 Buick Century.

The 5 year old is BIG. Big and tall. So she may be fine in a no back to save them some money (i'd rather get the 3 year old and newbie into proper seats first). I was thinking the Maestro for the 3 year old but I have no clue how fast this kid grows. We are a 4 AND 40 state so he's gotta make it another year (he's the same age as Sophie so 3y3y or so). He is pretty tall.

I was thinking just another snugride or even the onboard at Target for the newbie. She has bigger kids so she might like that extra weight. I don't think she'll be willing to spend much more than a bare bones SR though if she has to buy other seats.

So what would fit back there? She says it seems very large back there and she doesn't think she'll have a problem fitting 3. I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks!

ADS

Maedze

Why not move the n00b to the Scenera, buy a Maestro for the 3 year old and get a high back Turbo for the 5 year old?

IIRC the Century is very three-across friendly.

fyrfightermomma

Why not move the n00b to the Scenera, buy a Maestro for the 3 year old and get a high back Turbo for the 5 year old?

IIRC the Century is very three-across friendly.

It sounds like she really wants a bucket. No one around here uses a convertible from birth and I know she doesn't baby wear but I will email her quick and ask. I'll see if she's willing to get all 3 a seat then. She could save the Scenera for baby then

Dillipop

I have a 99 century and it is very 3 across friendly. I've done a husky/regent, rfing scenera/companion, rfing/ffing radian/monterey/turbo. I have no problems believing that a maestro, snugride, and turbo will fit.

I've also done
SS1, regent, rfing radian
SS1, rfing or ffing scenera, regent/husky
Safeguard, SS1, radian/scenera

fyrfightermomma

She emailed back and yeah, she wants a bucket. She'll save the Scenera for the baby then

She really was paying attention to my FB! :p She asked if her 5 year old should be in a harness and her 3 year old RFing. I was amazed she even asked :)

I told her no on the RFing. He's 39 lbs and at almost 3 1/2 I just don't think it's worth it to get a 45 lb limit seat plus the hard install.

What do you think about the 5 year old? Just stick to a booster for her?

She also said her Snugride was made in 2005 so I'll just mention again to not use it past the expiration.

I think I'll tell her a HB Turbo for the 5 year old or a Nautilus if she really wants to spend the money

Then a Maestro for the 3 year old (or a GN if she wants to spend more)

And then a cheap rear adjust SR for the babe if it's expired or will expire

Thanks guys!

Maedze

If the 5 year old plays nice, no reason she needs to be reharnessed, but I'd definitely switch to a high back. Target has H/B TBs for 38 dollars right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC