Something about this craigslist listing doesn't look right..

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
well besdies the fact that that kid has too many clothes on and the harness is loose...everything looks great:eek:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
But what about that shoulder belt...? It's hard to tell from the picture but looks like it's going behind the seat?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Actually, I do remember on our carseat installation "test" for our CPT Tech course, there was a seat that routed the belt around when RF. Don't recall which one it is, but the instructor used that to illustrate the importance of reading the manual before installing seats for people...

Starlight

Senior Community Member
The British Graco AutoBaby (Snugride) routed the belt behind the seat like that. Prevents/Minimizes Rebound/Cocooning.

It was a PITA, especially since the seat didn't have a base.

Dillipop

We had an eddie bauer infant seat for a couple weeks and the instructions allowed the seat to be installed with the belt routed behind it without the base if the seatbelt was long enough. Ours wasn't. It almost looks like the harness is not attached at the crotch strap.

lovinwaves

I see:

She said it will fit babies to *at Least* a year old=WRONG
Doesn't look like the harness straps are snapped=WRONG
Way to big of an outfit to be safely installed=WRONG
Loose harness straps=WRONG
Shoulder belt routed behind seat=WRONG

beebear23

Senior Community Member
q2KYyAjmQaSDdLmoAIvUfz8Ec6jH.jpg

Well, I lightened it up and the seatbelt is going behind the seat, the buckle is not hooked(or it looks that way. Her tiny leg could be in the way of it).. I'm sure there is more, but oh well.. Not much we can do about it now, is there?

LuvBug

we have the eddie bauer designer 22 and its instructions say to wrap the belt like that when installing without the base.
I never could get a good install that way though lol! So I never did that again.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I see the shoulder belt around the back of the seat, but where's the lap portion? Shouldn't it be going over top of the baby? (through the belt guides over top of the seat by the baby's waist/legs is what I mean.)

Do some of these seats come with cold weather boots? It looks like this one might have one and the baby's legs are on top of it. :confused:

Last edited:

LuvBug

omg I didnt even bother to look for a lapbelt. there isnt one where it should be if its being installed without the base! Either they have it installed with the base and the shoulder belt wrapped(wrong) or they just have the lap and shoulder running behind it(wrong). Its obviously installed wrong though lol!

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
That does look bad. FTR The Cosco TLC also says to put the shoulder belt around the seat (it doesn't have a base and it's a total dud - I took one from a Gma who was caring for her gdaughter and gave her my SIL's Evenflo CC).

RubysGirl

Now see, I didn't even notice all those things, all I noticed was the good to atleast one year, harness not buckled, clothes too bulky, and that they obviously want too much for a used cosco seat. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC