Any other ideas? Benjamin wanted to sit in the middle....

emandbri

row and since school has been out he has been in the middle row middle seat. We decided to try taking the middle seat out of the van because having the booster in the middle spot blocks so much of the view in the rear-view mirror. So Benjamin is on the left, Elizabeth right, and the older boys go through the middle to get to the back.

The problem is without that seat there he keeps turning around to talk to Jacob and Daniel in the back.

I threatened to put him back in a harness if he can't keep from turning around and the only harness seat I have that fits him is the daisy nautilus! ;) I'm actually not sure if he does fit in it and I wouldn't put him in the pink seat anyway. I thought threatening would be enough.

I've now told him if he can't sit forward I'm going to lock the seat belt, but locking the seat belt is a total PITA because then when I got to buckle him again I have to take the seat belt out of the red guide, unlock the belt, and thread it through again.

Any other ideas? I guess I could put the radian back in the middle and the booster outboard or move him back to the back row again.

I might also try moving him back to the monterey, he says the pro booster is tippy and that is why he can't still still. :rolleyes:

When my almost 7 year old can't sit properly in a booster I find it very hard to believe folks who say their 3 and 4 year olds do great. :whistle:

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My child couldn't sit properly in a booster until after her seventh birthday either, but all kids are different. I do have trouble believing 3yos and young 4yos are truly booster-ready, but there are some kids who are just wired to be more placid.

Anyhow, if he can't sit properly in a certain seat in a certain position, then he can't sit there. Move him back. I also wouldn't threaten to reharness him if you have no intention of doing so. A pink seat won't hurt him.

babyherder

I would just tell him he'll have to sit in the back row if he can't sit still in the middle. It seems like the simplest solution.

emandbri

Telling him I would move him to the back worked, he has been facing forward. I think it is just hard for him because he is used to facing Elizabeth and having Daniel next to him. Now Jacob and Daniel are in the back talking and he wants to be part of the conversation.

Maedze

My four year olds did well on short trip :shrug-shoulders:. I started at the fourth birthday. At 5.5, DS could move to a full time booster now if he wanted to. Not DD though, but she's fine for trips under 1/2 hour.

babyherder

Telling him I would move him to the back worked, he has been facing forward. I think it is just hard for him because he is used to facing Elizabeth and having Daniel next to him. Now Jacob and Daniel are in the back talking and he wants to be part of the conversation.

Understandable. Glad he's been sitting correctly!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC