So, how long until I get my Tech Number?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You? Um, 6 weeks. Yeah, since you thought a myride could acutally be used for a 40 lbs kid!

Mae

You? Um, 6 weeks. Yeah, since you thought a myride could acutally be used for a 40 lbs kid!

And I suppose the kid was over 12 months, so I guess I shouldn't expect my number until maybe 8 weeks? Yeah, that's probably about right. :rolleyes:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think mine came by snail mail, but it'll show up on your safe kids page when it's in the computer there. Mine took four weeks to show up online.

Wendy

BookMama

Senior Community Member
If I remember correctly, the Safe Kids # I had before taking my class was the same as my tech #, just with a T in front of it. I don't know if they always do it that way, though.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If I remember correctly, the Safe Kids # I had before taking my class was the same as my tech #, just with a T in front of it. I don't know if they always do it that way, though.

That's the way mine was.

How fast you get it depends on how fast the instructors put it in the computer. Some will electronically grade the test and put it in right there in class. Others take the tests back with them and hand grade them, then mail in their pass/fail info. I had a test where I circled the correct answer, so no way could they grade all 25 right then and there. There was also no internet in the classroom and so they couldn't have added us then.

Wendy

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The lead instructor must finalize the class before your status changes from "Technician Candidate" to "Certified Technician" - but it's all done online. We never mail any of the paperwork (quizzes, etc) into Safe Kids. How long it takes to finalize the class depends on how quickly the lead instructor enters all the info online. Just keep checking your status in your SK profile and print out your wallet card as soon as you see your status is updated.

Mae

It still says that my status is a Technician Candidate. I know he graded all the tests in class, I already know my score. They said he'd put the grades in "next week", and they said that on our last day of class; the 25th.

So I should just keep checking the SafeKids website?

Mae

That's the way mine was.

yeah my # is T-######, same as my enrollment # just T- in front, and they did our online stuff by Monday :confused:

So technically, I could go ahead and...

Just kidding. :p

Mine took four weeks to show up online.

Oh my! Four weeks?! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC