Need NZ seat help again

delgirrrl

6 for one kiddie LOL:cool:

Just wanted to add, that on reading my initial post it sounds really unsupportive with me slagging off a cheap seat. I just wanted to apologise for that. Clearly the OP's friend is trying to do the best she can for her gorgeous wee kiddo as all parents do and I'm pleased she's asking for advice. (and he's soooo cute!)

I'm really frustrated with our standards over here, which are basically, "if it meets anyone else's standard, oh, except south africa, then it's OK, ohhh, and not US seats either unless we put NZ stamps on them" And I guess considering the general apathy over here around child restraints that's probably not entirely surprising. We see some terrible usage (or total lack of) over here of restraints, which makes me so upset.

Anyway, my comment was totally uncalled for and stemmed from a general frustration around the NZ approach to standards for seats. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.:eek:

ADS

Adventuredad

Finn, Freeway is very similar to Hi-Way. Length of the buckle is adjustable if you look under the seat. Hi-Way is adjustable and later versions of Nordic Freeway was well, it's possible earlier versions didn't have the adjustable strap.

6 seats for one child is very impressive......;-)

finn

Finn, Freeway is very similar to Hi-Way. Length of the buckle is adjustable if you look under the seat. Hi-Way is adjustable and later versions of Nordic Freeway was well, it's possible earlier versions didn't have the adjustable strap.

6 seats for one child is very impressive......;-)

not only that but he is 3.5, so I am thinking of moving him to a booster in 6 months, which will mean a new seat :whistle: (any recommendations?)

I will check it out next time i take it out of the car :) ds far prefers it to the multi tech :)

Adventuredad

The best seat for an older child forward facing is IMHO Britax Kid Fix. WHen not using Isofix I really like and use Britax Adventure which is a cheap, light weight high back booster.

Main thing in a booster is to look for a nice belt fit and also for the seat to be light weight.

finn

The best seat for an older child forward facing is IMHO Britax Kid Fix. WHen not using Isofix I really like and use Britax Adventure which is a cheap, light weight high back booster.

Main thing in a booster is to look for a nice belt fit and also for the seat to be light weight.

I dont have isofix in my car :( but am thinking of upgrading shortly, the new car will have isofix but dh's car wont/doesn't. So do I get 2 seats one with isofix for my car, one without for dh's car, or get 1 seat with isofix and use it without in dh's car?

I have seen the Britax kid (without the isofix) and they look really nice :) but of course I wont be able to try them out before buying one and getting it shipped.

When will you start stocking boosters :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC