Anyone with me?

Morganthe

I'm wanting to go thump some heads of Congress for this silly roll-back the clocks in March thing that we're all forced to do today. :mad:
7:15 on a Sunday morning -- dark outside and I have to turn on most lights just to see.

7pm tonight -- DD wants to go to bed at her normal time of (now) 8. I'll have to close down & cover all the windows to pretend it's night night time & make it dark enough to sleep. Ummmm, lights will go on so the rest of us can see. Dh's 9pm bedtime will also be a pain. :(

What savings is there really????? :mad: :(

From a tired po'd mother

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ugh, totally... my kids are going to have to catch the school bus at 655 in a couple years, and it's just too dark too much of the year for that to be A Good Thing :p

I already slept in way late this morning and dh is mad at me :eek:

beeman

We don't do the daylight savings time in Saskatchewan. Every year when it's time for everyone else to change their clocks there is the argument of wether we should or not. I agree with you that its totally ridiculous and outdated. It was designed in the 1800's so people wouldn't have to run their lights as long at night and could enjoy an extra hour of daylight in the evening. Its sad that so many other regions haven't given up this habit. Its worth the fight to rid yourself of it!

broken4u05

I don't care that much. My sister in indiana does not do day light thing. So half the year she is the same time half she is not. I don't really think it is needed anymore but it doesn't really bug me

Lara

No daylight savings here either! (I'm in AZ, everyone tells me we are weird cause we don't do it.... I just laugh :p )

scatterbunny

If you just "don't do it", how are you on time for anything? LOL!

I hate it, too. I woke up at 9 am thinking I was up at a reasonable time to get my van detailed for CPST class this week, and then realized it's 10 am! :eek: Oops! Better get caught up on the boards and then get moving!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No daylight savings here either! (I'm in AZ, everyone tells me we are weird cause we don't do it.... I just laugh :p )
Yeah, you guys don't need any more daylight, that's for sure! Just an extra hour to have to run your A/C's, lol.

There must be something to it, 100+million homes not having to turn their lights on till an extra hour later in the evening, or they wouldn't have implemented it during war time and energy rationing. It would be a lot more sensible to just raise the CAFE standards in autos and mandate renewable energy resources, but there's no big NO DST! Lobbies with big budgets in congress like the auto makers and energy producers have :p

lovinwaves

Wow, I had no idea so many people didn't like it. Dh and I LOVE IT! We love having extra sunlight at the end of the day. Gives us more time for yardwork, landscaping, bike riding. We also love it for when we are on the lake with our Jet-Ski. That way we can be out there an extra hour later :D

Now when school times comes around for our kiddos I'll probably hate it then LOL! :p

Morganthe

:rolleyes:
Wow, I had no idea so many people didn't like it. Dh and I LOVE IT! We love having extra sunlight at the end of the day. Gives us more time for yardwork, landscaping, bike riding. We also love it for when we are on the lake with our Jet-Ski. That way we can be out there an extra hour later :D
If I had all those activities, I'd probably love it too :p I never minded it the North (WA, Germany:daylight until 10pm!, NJ). But I think by the time the evening has arrived, there's been way too much sun light baking down upon us poor souls in TX & NM. :(

Suzibeck

My middle dd, who has sensory issues and is very set on routine, used to take FOREVER to adjust to the time changes. I swear, for a few years, she finally adjusted just about the time the next time change came along! The past couple of time changes have not taken so long, maybe a week or so. I still don't like them however, life would be much easier if we just left the clocks alone.

broken4u05

I used to like it at least the one in the fall. I used to be in girl scouts and we went camping every year on the weekend that the time change was. That same weekend there was also a boy scout troup that went camping as well. So we always had to leave at 12 to make in home in time and having to change the clocks gave us an extra hour to hang out. Many not seem like much but at about 14 years old and having a crush on one of the guys you wanted to hang out as long as you can.

skaterbabs

I absolutely detest DST. Wat possible energy savings can there be when you have to have all the lights in the house on in the morning for hours? Then having them on at night too? And no one actually gains anything, much less daylight. It's just moved around. grrr

beebear23

Senior Community Member
OOh, this might work out great for me! DS hates the dark.

We've never had a problem w/DS going to bed when it was light outside. But maybe this will make it easier since he hates when we turn his light off(he does have a night-light).

beebear23

Senior Community Member

Now when school times comes around for our kiddos I'll probably hate it then LOL! :p

Yep. It's GREAT for jet-skiing!!! I can't wait to go jet skiing again.

SpaceAngel

When you have to be at work at 4AM, AND it feels like it is 3am, meaning you woke up feeling like it was 230 am, it really bites.

JaRylan

I used to like it at least the one in the fall. I used to be in girl scouts and we went camping every year on the weekend that the time change was. That same weekend there was also a boy scout troup that went camping as well. So we always had to leave at 12 to make in home in time and having to change the clocks gave us an extra hour to hang out. Many not seem like much but at about 14 years old and having a crush on one of the guys you wanted to hang out as long as you can.

LOL I am with you on that one! I live in Saskatchewan (no DST) and grew up about 20 miles from the neigbouring province of Manitoba. It worked out great when you would head to Manitoba for a social, it would end at 2am, then you could go to the party for an hour, leave at 3am and be home to the farm by 2.30am.:p

I wish Saskatchewan would switch to DST...but only if we could be the same time as Manitoba to the east. I *think* if SK were to change we would actually be expected to go along with Alberta time...in which case we wouldn't be gaining any evening daylight . It's rather annoying when you can't even finish a baseball game because it's too dark.

So for anyone who hates DST consider this your invitation to move to Saskatchewan and be free of your clock changing rituals! :D

southpawboston

totally agreed!!!

i *hate* coming home from work when it is already dark and not being able to take my kids out for a walk... i get to see them so rarely as it is since i'm not the stay at home... and we don't get up until 7:00 so why should we waste that hour of daylight while we're still asleep in the morning? that's why they call it daylight *savings* time, lol!

southpawboston

I absolutely detest DST. Wat possible energy savings can there be when you have to have all the lights in the house on in the morning for hours? Then having them on at night too? And no one actually gains anything, much less daylight. It's just moved around. grrr

true, there's no significant energy savings... energy use is just shuffled around a bit. slight savings, but not much.

Yoshi

Not to mention my DH, who works in the IT/IS department for a newspaper company that has 20 publicaions needed to work crazy shifts all week last week to prepare all the company's servers and other systems for the change. He even had to take calls while he was recovering from his knee surgery....:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC