anyone have issues with the keyfit 30 stickers?

Cryssy Jane

I bought another keyfit 30 not to long ago after having seller's remorse. All of the stickers have giant bubbles in them and are already starting to peel off. :( I called chicco today and they said just to carry my manual around with the carrier, but given that the stickers in specific locations and specific items must be on the seat, how is carrying my manual going to do anything? They aren't falling off yet and I'm assuming it's a glue issue, but unless I take my nails a couple times a day and push the bubble back down on every sticker then they start peeling. The C.S. agent said there's no way to replace the stickers. My chest clip is having issues (doesn't lock) as well but they're sending me a new one.

Just seeing if anyone has had this issue with the keyfits, as I know it was a big deal with radians for a while.

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
my graco SS1 bases installation stickers are are all off... I have them under the base in a ziploc bag :mad:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Call back and tell them that the stickers are, per federal law, supposed to be permanently attached. If they can't send you new stickers or otherwise remedy it, report it to NHTSA.

Cryssy Jane

Call back and tell them that the stickers are, per federal law, supposed to be permanently attached. If they can't send you new stickers or otherwise remedy it, report it to NHTSA.

should I wait until they really start falling off and just deal with the bubble?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd probably wait until one falls off, or starts to. But, I'd probably use them (test installs, in and out, etc.) to make sure it happens pretty soon, while I'm paying attention. :whistle:

Spam

my kf stickers are off too, and i was told the same thing, they're not replaceable. My dom is 11/07 if it matters.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If they're not replaceable, they should be replacing the seat (and possibly issuing a recall.) Again, they're supposed to be PERMANENTLY attached.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC