Putting your name on a used car seat

Angela

Kind of a strange title, but I wasn't sure how to word it. In the past, I have printed up a brochure that I put on the used seats that the consignment store that I worked at sold. This was when I was working there and I inspected every seat that we got in. Well, now that I'm not, they've gotten really lax on what they take. Should I keep the brochure with my contact info on these seats, even if I don't approve that they're being resold? I want the parents to have the right info, so they can get any help that they may need choosing a seat, but I don't know if I want my name associated with a seat that really shouldn't be resold. Any ideas?

ADS

Angela

What do you think about taking my name off of the brochure? I have the info for our monthly checks on there too (which I would probably leave). I just figure that these parents are most likely going to buy a seat there anyway, so I wanted to have some info on there for them. Would that be a decent compromise?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I would have my name nearby of "Hey, I do checks," but in no way would I have it on an "I'm ok with you buying this seat" brochure.

Wendy

Angela

Well, I looked over the checklist and looked over the seat the best I could. Yes, there is NO way I could've looked over EVERYTHING. I figured since my bosses wouldn't change their minds about accepting car seats, it was better that I went over them, then one of the other employees (2 are grandma's who don't understand why a child even needs to be in a seat and 3 others with expired seats in their cars). So I did what I could, but now that I'm not there, I worry about what they put on the floor and what the parents are getting. They won't allow me to 'advertise' myself, but are okay with me putting an educational brochure on the seats that we take.

emy_lou

I would take my name off too... But leave it somewhere on there saying you can inspect them. :twocents:

Angela

My info that I have on there is that I compiled the info and that I do seat checks with my name and number.

I'm going to email the store owner today and tell her that I don't want them put on the seats anymore. I'll see if she wants to keep a few at the register for the employees to hand out if anyone seems unsure of what they need or if the customer is interested in a seat check. Then my name isn't actually associated with the seat. Especially since I'm not looking them over before they hit the floor.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I would take my name off too... But leave it somewhere on there saying you can inspect them. :twocents:

I wouldn't even do that. One of the first questions we ask at a check is "do you know the complete history of the seat?" The person would have to say no, and the tech would have to advise not using the seat. Messy, messy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC