New britax seats

kristy121

Anyone have any idea as to when the newly designed britax seats will be available here? It says they will be released July 1st on their site. I really like our blvd but DD is getting pretty close to the RF weight limit (27lbs) and she is only 20 months so still a long ways from FFing - we also have the RadianXT we can use but I wondered how long the new seats usually took to show up here?

Thanks!

ADS

Evolily

Does it say that on the Canadian or the US website? I'm not seeing anything about the seats on britax.ca . Your best bet would be to call Britax directly and ask.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I know the expected release time for the new collections is Sept 2010 for Canada. Where do you see the date of July 1st?

kristy121

I meant released on the britax site july 1 - but it looks like they are just releasing info on them? this is the copy/paste:

NEW BRITAX CAR SEAT LINE OFFERS 360 DEGREE PROTECTION AND REVOLUTIONARY HEAD
SAFETY TECHNOLOGY

— New technology on convertible car seat range addresses no. 1 cause of death
for children in vehicle crashes —

CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 28, 2010 — Britax today announced a full redesign and
relaunch of its line of best-selling convertible car seats. The new line offers
Superior 360 Degree Protection with Revolutionary Head Safety Technology that
dramatically reduces the risk of head injury and provides complete protection
from all sides in the event of a vehicle crash.

Head safety is critical because even tiny increases in head excursion — the
distance the head travels forward during the crash — can exponentially increase
the risk of head injury. Head injury is the leading cause of death for children
up to 12 years old involved vehicle crashes and comprises 65 percent of injuries
in both frontal and side impact crashes, according to Child Injury Led Design
and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. With this in mind, Britax designed its
new line to help prevent real world injury for children and make it that much
easier for parents and caregivers to use their children's car seats correctly
each and every time.

Unprecedented Head Safety

Britax Revolutionary Head Safety Technology incorporates features that lower the
child's center of gravity, strengthen the child seat and manage crash energy.
Together, they reduce head excursion and offer the most advanced protection to
children. These include:

A re-engineered lower center of gravity that allows the child to sit lower and
creates stability in the event of a crash.
Integrated steel bars that strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce
forward flexing of the child seat during a crash.
Patent-pending Britax SafeCell™ Technology with SafeCells that are designed to
compress in a crash. This significantly lowers the center of gravity and
counteracts the forward rotation of the child seat, which normally propels the
child toward the front seat.
Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether® with a two-point attachment and staged-release
tether webbing to anchor the top of the car seat. This minimizes
forward-rotation and reduces crash forces reaching the child.

Enhanced side impact protection, extended weight capacities

Britax designed its new line to improve upon its Side Impact Protection (SIP)
and True Side Impact Protection® (TSIP). The car seats feature deeper side walls
lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam that distribute crash forces, shield from
vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body. Britax TSIP car seats
also offer a head restraint that creates an extra layer of energy-absorbing EPP
foam, keeping the head, neck and spine "in true" or aligned. This protection is
imperative, as approximately one in four of all motor vehicle crashes that
involve children occur from the side, and these result in a significantly higher
injury rate than frontal or rear impacts, according to the Children's Hospital
of Philadelphia.

In addition to enhanced side impact protection, the new line offers higher
weight capacities to keep children rear facing longer and to allow for extended
use of a five-point harness. The convertible car seats can accommodate children
from between 5 and 40 pounds rear facing and up to 70 pounds forward facing, and
the mid-capacity convertible allows children to sit forward facing up to 55
pounds. The new seats offer a harness position that helps position the harness
at or below baby's shoulder, and an infant insert is available separately to
properly position the infant and protect the airway.

Installation and Ease of Use Features

The new convertibles also include features that make them easier to install and
use properly and consistently.

Non-handed premium LATCH connectors allow the seats to easily transition from
rear to forward facing, while an easy access cover and access to belt paths from
the front of the seat reduce the time needed for installation. Built-in
lock-offs ensure a tight lap and shoulder seat belt installation with minimal
effort.

Ease-of-use features include: a quick-adjust head restraint, a no-rethread
harness (available on all convertibles except for the line's mid-capacity
convertible), buckle adjustments and multiple recline adjustments.

The revamped line includes the Roundabout 55 (SRP: $199.99), Marathon 70 (SRP:
$279.99), Boulevard 70 (SRP: $309.99), Boulevard 70 CS (SRP: $329.99) and
Advocate 70 CS (SRP: $369.99). They will be available in a variety of fashions
at independent and mass retailers in August 2010.

Additional information including product pages, video clips and user guides will
be available on www.BritaxUSA.com starting July 1, 2010.

DadToThree

Information on the new seats should be released July 1 on the CDN and US sites. The US has an earlier release date for the actual seats, with the CDN seats being available the 2nd to 3rd week of September.

Preorders will be taken on the new seats within the next couple of weeks for those that are interested in the new features and have time to wait!

We will be doing some videos and different reviews on the new seats soon - will post more when they are ready.

B

selinajean

Does anyone know if we will be getting similar weight limits to the US models? The US ones are showing 40/70 for the most part.....will we get 40/65 or will the RF be knocked down to 35?

rivet

Anyone knows when will these new seats be available in Canada. I need a car seat by Mid August, not sure if there is a chance that I can buy these new britax ones?

QuassEE

This is an adoption situation, correct? I'd get a seat beforehand and learn how to install it properly, versus doing it last minute. You're going to have so much else going on at that point. Also--you may want to consider a 45lb rear-facing limit on the Radian versus the 40 on the new Marathon (etc).

http://www.carseatblog.com has a treat for us today :)

-Nicole.

hipmaman

Can you imagine - we will have:
- the old-oldMarathon with 33 lbs rf
- not-so-old Marathon with 30 lbs rf and 48 lbs ff limit (there are these around, right? or would the timing of the new 30 lbs would only be around the time we had upped to 65 lbs? )
- the new Marathon with 30 lbs rf limit and 65 lbs with ff limit
- now the new Marathon 65 (yeah that's what I was told it would be called) with 40 lbs rf limit and 65 lbs ff.

Who can keep up? :)

hipmaman

And after hearing about the differences in the new Marathon 65, I was so hoping the top harness straps would be much taller, but from the carseatblog.com mini-review/video, it does not look like it :(

selinajean

And after hearing about the differences in the new Marathon 65, I was so hoping the top harness straps would be much taller, but from the carseatblog.com mini-review/video, it does not look like it :(

I couldn't get the video to finish buffering so that I could watch it (hotel internet is slow) but I did go on the Britax website. They have a comparison chart option for the new seats and the harness straps were showing as 16.75 inches. It would have been nice to have an increase of shell height and harness height to accommodate 18" like most of the other high RF seats.

BudgieStew

Can you imagine - we will have
- not-so-old Marathon with 30 lbs rf and 48 lbs ff limit (there are these around, right? or would the timing of the new 30 lbs would only be around the time we had upped to 65 lbs? )

Yup these are around. DD has one of these. DOM late 2006.

MarathonMama

Yup, we have one with a DOM of 02/14/2007! It wasn't long after that that they upped the limit to 65lbs, right?!? I also have a newer 65lb one.

It has a familiar ring to it, doesn't it :whistle: I have 2 different RN XTs in my car too!

tiggercat

I have two of these, DOM early 2005 and 2007, IIRC.

ETA, all of the old 33lb RFers should be expiring this year.

Mingie

CPST Instructor

Yes I am a bit disappointed also. I tried my radian in my SUV this week and it worked beautifully so I may not wait for the new Britax seats.

rivet

If you refers to me ( I am not sure), it is not an adoption situation, but I agree it 's better to prepared in advance though, I have asked the car seat recommendation in another thread,
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=132126

This is an adoption situation, correct? I'd get a seat beforehand and learn how to install it properly, versus doing it last minute. You're going to have so much else going on at that point. Also--you may want to consider a 45lb rear-facing limit on the Radian versus the 40 on the new Marathon (etc).

http://www.carseatblog.com has a treat for us today :)

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC