the move

crystal vowell

I just wanted to update everybody I'm almost all moved.I basically just have clothes left to move because the gas is not turned on until monday.My bed belongs to my dad and so I will be sleeping on the floor until I can find a bed.So far things are going pretty well except the air conditioner was blowing hot air today and it was just the thermostat that needed replacing.I got all the light bulbs changed out to the energy saving ones from lowes 6 for $9.99.I can not afford the programmable thermostat for now so I can get that later I just turn the ac off when we're not home and when we are home I just turn the ac up so it will not come on as much.Sorry for the ramble just wanted to update those who were wondering.

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Congrats, Crystal!!! So glad you're almost in completely... :) Hope you find a bed soon...

A/C? What's the temp right now down there?

arly1983

You can get one at the flea market if you are desparate. I did that when I first moved out and went to college, but make sure you lay on it before you buy it. I didn't and it creaked everytime I rolled over. My aunt lives near a sealy outlet and got our current pillowtop mattress and boxspring for 200. You might look at that if you live near a big city. Congrates on your new place. We don't have a programable thermostat. If fact I never even thought about it untill I read it in your post.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Until you are able to get a bed you should check out the inexpensive air mattresses that they sell. I know that they have them at Walmart. It is much more comfy than the floor. We have one for camping. :)

lovinwaves

AC, wowzers! I *wish* we had to turn ours on LOL!

If you are still needing a bed, try your local craigslists or Freecycle. DH and I just gave our spare bedroom bed set away on Freecycle. Good luck! ;)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member

If you are still needing a bed, try your local craigslists or Freecycle. DH and I just gave our spare bedroom bed set away on Freecycle. Good luck! ;)

That's what I was thinking. Or IKEA. Or an air mattress. Or, one of the egg-crate foam things that folks put on beds. :)

JaRylan

Exactly what I was going to say, lol. Check out freecycle.

Good to hear that the move went well and that you found an awesome deal on lightbulbs! It was a year ago this month that my son and I moved into our new place and I still remember how excited I was.

Morganthe

A/C? What's the temp right now down there?

I don't know about Crystal's town -- she's to the east of me, but it reached about 82 today. It's been warmer than average all week. Tonight something is supposed to blow in with high winds & rainstorms tomorrow. High is only going to be around 61. It hasn't precipitated since mid-January, so we need water! It's very dry & dusty :(

lovinwaves

We're going to be 65 degrees tomorrow! Time to break out the shorts, tank-tops, and swimming pool LOL!....yeah I wish :rolleyes:

Morganthe

We're going to be 65 degrees tomorrow! Time to break out the shorts, tank-tops, and swimming pool LOL!....yeah I wish :rolleyes:

ROFL --- If it was that 'warm', the locals would be bundled up in their winter best staring at dh & I walking around in short sleeved shirts :p
The high winds & rain haven't arrived yet. It's about 65 and really nice outside, albeit humid enough that my leg aches. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC