He talked about this on-air

broken4u05

Some time this week after class driving home i had the radio on and i heard the guy talking about car seats and that people should look at the video he had on his page. I forgot about it when i got home but i just looked at it and look what he has. I think he needs to be here. I might call the show sometime but it seems like he already heard about the seats he can get. Here is the link go down till you see Parent/Grandparents with young kids-MUST SEE
http://www.wpoc.com/pages/johncrenshaw.html

ADS

joycemom

I am pretty new still and just learning so I have a few Q's about the seat belt falure. If we can't use LATCH past I believe 48lbs (Correct me if I am wrong) then what is going to keep the seats in in the event of a failure? I know that overhead teather is suppose to help but if some one wold give a little more info that would be great. I am also supposing that if the seat is installed it will have some sort of locking device on the seat belt weather a locking latch plate or locking clip already engaged I just don't know a whole lot about how they work with boosters. does that make sense? Could you guys explain these things for me?

broken4u05

I know someone can give more info on this but the way i see it is if the seat belt fails in a booster than there is nothing holding the child in. In a 5 pt. harness there is still the seat and the teether and the child will not be thrown out of the car. I am sure a tech can help more

joycemom

Thanks reading through only one post made my head hurt. I got the point though. I think I was understanding it all right but just needed to clarify. I can see why so many of the techs and others on this board were sooo frustrated about the video and why it was obviously confusing. You all do a great job on trying to inform people of the best safety practices and I didn't realize how uneducated many are on car seat safety.

broken4u05

it is a huge problem that many people misuse seats or do not use seats at all because they just do not know any better. Some people know and dont care but the big prolem is not knowing. But the reason i posted was because he was talking about how he did not want his twins already in a booster and that he just did not feel right about it and that is what he found when looking seats up. That is why i think it is really cool. I had already seen the videos but the fact that he is making people aware of other car seats for bigger children

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC