The radian and the amazing shrinking torso!

christineka

I brought in a radian today for dd3. I put in the longer crotch strap and had her practice buckling and unbuckling. (She still can't undo the crotch buckle.) While she was in the seat, I decided to get a current torso measurement. I measured it at 13.5 inches. That was shorter than I thought, but she's a small kid, so very believable. Then I had her sit in the scenera to see if she could buckle and unbuckle. Based upon where her shoulders were, I figured this scenera was one of those rumored "short" ones. (Shoulders 1/2 inch below the top slots.) Dd insisted I measure her again. I did and got 15 inches! So, that explains how the radian can have 16-17 inch top slots and harness kids with 18 inch torsos. It's the seat that shrinks torsos.

ADS

Mae

Maybe it's because of the memory foam in the seat?

Or it could just be the difference in the two installs-- how the Radian fits the vehicle seat versus how the Scenera fits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC