Britax Marathon 70

crunchierthanthou

looks like the official details are going live on retailers sites. :) I have to run, but can anyone track down any pics?

http://comfortfirst.com/p-140094-britax-marathon-70-convertible-car-seat.aspx

The Britax Marathon 70 Car Seat is an all new exciting Britax seat. Although the Marathon name stays the same this is totally changed and improved from the original Britax Marathon Car Seat.

New Features:

Goes up to 40 lbs rear facing and 70 lbs forward facing. (the original Marathon only went up to 35lbs rear facing and 65 lbs forward facing.)
Features a new and improved EPP foam. The EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam) is much stronger and less brittle than the EPS foam which used in the current Britax Marathon Car Seats. I’m really excited about this as on both my britax car seats that I own the foam did crack of in several spots!
Features a color coded lock system that is not currently in place on the original Marathon.
Low gravity control to minimize impact. This feature makes the New Marathon 70 (and all the new britax seats) the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether. (Most consumers dont use the tether! So now you can have that safety easily!)
No Thread Adjusting. The new seat straps can be adjusted to all sizing without re threading the straps!
New black plastic shell will extend the expiration on the car seat from 6 years to 7 years as the UV rays of the sun do not affect it.
Additional Features:

Certified for Aircraft Travel
Patented, Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether with staged-release tether webbing, anchors the top of the child seat at twopoints to minimize forward movement in a crash
HUGS™ (Harness Ultra Guard System) reduces forward head movement and cushions the chest in the event of impact
Built-in Lock-Off(s) secure the vehicle seat belt so that the child seat does not move more than one inch side-to-side or front-to-back at the belt path
Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way while placing child in the car seat
Small Contoured Base ensures a tight installation in all types of vehicles
High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion the child
Front Harness Adjuster provides effortless front adjustment when loosening the harness system
Premium, Push-Button Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick, simple, and tight installation
Plush, Premium Cover Set with matching belly pad provides extra comfort
Five-Point Harness makes contact with the strongest parts of the body
Quick-Adjust Head Restraint & No-Rethread Harness easily adjust the harness shoulder height and head restraint without disassembling the harness
Energy-Absorbing Base deforms in the event of a crash to absorb impact forces.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Comments about the tether annoy me. Sunshine Kids passes without the tether. We know this for a fact since they actually release their numbers. Why would Britax blatantly lie like that? It makes me unhappy.

Wendy

all together ooky

Isn't there two different cutoffs for passing? Like one for with and one without? Maybe it passed the one for "with tether" without actually using a tether? I don't know.

Maedze

They are absolutely not the only seat to pass tethering requirements without the tether. That write up is ridiculously offensive. You don't have to use the tether now because of the almighty Britax bubble. :rolleyes:

kaleigh71

The way it read to me was that whoever put the information up wrote their own version of the information. It didn't seem to me at all like stock info that Britax wrote, so maybe that person got it wrong. IDK. :confused:

Maedze

The way it read to me was that whoever put the information up wrote their own version of the information. It didn't seem to me at all like stock info that Britax wrote, so maybe that person got it wrong. IDK. :confused:

Yes, that is clearly misinformation perpetrated by an ignorant person, not a Britax company statement.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Comments about the tether annoy me. Sunshine Kids passes without the tether. We know this for a fact since they actually release their numbers. Why would Britax blatantly lie like that? It makes me unhappy.

Wendy

Why assume they are lying? Maybe the seats easily pass with only, say, 26" with the largest dummy required (less than the 28" required if using a top tether. Typically seats without top tether must only get 32"). (here's a nice blurb on that for anyone curious.. http://www.carseat.org/Technical/tech_update.htm#toptether)

Radians have wacky install issues, if they were any louder about the fact that a top tether's not required, imagine how awful they'd be installed in most cars? Britax at least install rock solid with a seatbelt for even novice users, they might as well offer all the protection they seem to, nothing wrong with pointing it out, IMO.

Of course, who knows...but I just wouldn't leap to the lying conclusion before we've seen the seats, and years before the NHTSA compliance and hopefully the next TC research gets done :cool:

Maedze

We've all seen the NHTSA compliance data. It's a pretty easily verifiable fact that other seats pass 'tether' requirements untethered :shrug-shoulders:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Exactly, we know at least one other company does.

And I assume they're lying because they've not been on my happy side for a while (not that I hate them, I've just been annoyed for a while) and so I'm thinking very cynically.

Wendy

Athena

What about shell height? Did I miss that? I was hoping for a slightly taller shell too .. although if that meant it took more front back room I wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

On that topic, anyone have any idea about whether these will fit in smaller vehicles without pushing the front seat farther forward? My current marathon fits about as well as anything will.

Maedze

I am really hopeful that they are going to count the 'headrest' to be part of the shell depth for rear facing. (They don't, currently, with the Boulevard). Dum dee dum.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC