I measured my 3rd row

ADS

glockchick

What vehicle is this?

'99 Suburban. I need either a convertible or a Nautilus for the middle with higher harness heights, but I'm not sure anything will fit and give the kids on either side room. There's a BLVD there now and it works because the seat is up on the base and the kids legs and shoulders fit below and behind the seat.

TheQueenMother

Car options for larger families are ridiciously limited. I am in a similar boat with a suburban with captains chairs. My 3rd row is the same length and I can do a radian center with the lap belt only and the GN, MA, or a true fit puzzles outboard. This leaves enough room for my 90 lb almost 9y/o passenger side outboard. I have done 3 across ffing with a combo of those as long as the radian sits in the middle. You might consider folding the seat down in the 2nd row and putting the three littles in the third row, then folding the seat back up for the older boy once the littles are buckled.

S

StaySeated

I would think it would be bigger from the size of that truck

glockchick

Car options for larger families are ridiciously limited. I am in a similar boat with a suburban with captains chairs. My 3rd row is the same length and I can do a radian center with the lap belt only and the GN, MA, or a true fit puzzles outboard. This leaves enough room for my 90 lb almost 9y/o passenger side outboard. I have done 3 across ffing with a combo of those as long as the radian sits in the middle. You might consider folding the seat down in the 2nd row and putting the three littles in the third row, then folding the seat back up for the older boy once the littles are buckled.

The thing that keeps me from putting the 3 littles in the 3rd row is that the center seat is lapbelt only. I plan to keep a harnessed seat there and let the big kids sit on the sides with the 3 pt belts.

glockchick

Impressive! They didn't change the rear seat width when they changed the body style? So you think I could put 2 seats and a kid back there?

skitle1802

Right now I have a Vivo and Nautilus outboard and my 8y/o can fit between in the lap belt (she doesn't because there is no headrest.) You could fit 2 harnessed seats and kid in an outboard position as well. Pretty sure yo could get 2 boosters and a radian in there too.

I think the only thing they changed about the third row was to put the shoulder belt in the seat instead of in the window pillar.

TheQueenMother

There is only room for two seats and a kid if there is a radian in the center for me. Nothing else seems to puzzle there. Could you put the 6y/o in her booster and the youngest girl in a radian in the third row, with the small boy in a MA center 2nd row with the two older boys outboard?

skitle1802

I think QueenMother's suggestion will work out great for you. One radian really makes a big difference! Good luck!

glockchick

Yep, I can do that. :) I'd like to get a seat that CJ can comfortably rear face in as well, but I'm not sure that's in the budget right now.

Whatever I do, I need to do it soon. KGP is over the slots in the Scenera. :(

skitle1802

Was CJ over the rf limit on the MA or just a leg room issue? If its leg room, rf in the center of the 2nd row, he can put his feet on the top of the vehicle seat back. My dd does it all the time.

glockchick

Just leg room. He can put his feet up, but the little stinker won't. It makes the harness dig into his thighs and he pulls at it and cries. And refusing to get in the seat by using that seat back as leverage. :rolleyes: It's just such a short seat. :(

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
FWIW, I have a 2000 Sub and I can NOT get an acceptable install w/my Radian XT in the center of my 3rd row. Outboard, no problem. Center, no way. As for the Nauti, I'm surprised it fits with no over hang. It's not a real deep seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC