Snug Ride 32 and a 3-across..

kidnurse

I grabbed a SR-32 at that awesome sale that BRU is having for daycare kids, that I hope I will have soon. It was only $100! Pretty good, I think, but I haven't bought a bucket seat in a while. Anyway, how does it do in a 3 across situation?

TIA

ADS

msg221

My friend bought a SR 32 at first with plans to try and fit it with a TB and a RN but the base on the SR is so wide, there was no way. He ended up exchanging it for a KF 30 and that works great.

kidnurse

What about without the base? I am fine installing it either way, I am not one that is totally attached to bases, although I do like them.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I've used it in a 3 across in my Caravan and my Impreza (with the base). Both times was with a Scenera or Titan and Turbo or BigKid booster. Worked great in both.

DahliaRW

The biggest problem I had with my ss1 was that the bottom of the handle part was so stinkin' wide! But, I did get it in the 3rd row of my sienna (with base) between a turbobooster and a rfing radian.

kidnurse

Thank you peach.

I so wish I still had my minivan. :rolleyes:

I compared the KF base and the SR base one on top of the other at BRU tonight. The SR base is only the tiniest bit bigger, of course the real predictor of fit will be what it is puzzled next to. I have 2 Radians, a TF, a scenera, a TB and now a CA has joined our fleet. I will be selling some of these off, once I know which ones I will truly use doing daycare, and which ones puzzle best with each other.

lpperry

The back of my minivan is not very big. I can fit Scenera, Radian, Snugride 32 with base, but they all have to be rearfacing. Without the base, it is a lot smaller, so you should be able to use it. It's going to depend on what other seats you have. If you have narrow seats, it may work. If you are trying to get it in there with a Evenflo Triumph Advance--no way!

Truthfully, I would return it though if you are just using it for daycare kids. If you are buying seats, get something that you can use for a wide variety, like a Scenera. Also, if you have an infant, chances are they will have a bucket, so you could use that if you want the bucket.

kidnurse

I know chances are good infants will come with bucket seats, but I don't like to use other people's seats, even if it is with their own child. Usually they are not as clean as I prefer for young babies. I know it shouldn't bother me that much, but it does. Also I am wanting to get licensed to foster.

DahliaRW

I found that the rfing CA didn't fit next to a rfing SS1 (which is the same dimensions as the SR32/35) because where the CA bulged out was right where the handle was on the SS1. Now in a different car they may fit together differently, but that was my issue.

MarathonMama

My SR35 (same shell as the SS1 and SR32) fits well beside the RF RN but the RN has to be at 45 degree recline for the handle of the SR35 to be overlapping the side of the RN.

kidnurse

Thank you MarathonMama, I have 2 Radians, so I wonder if I could do rear facing Radian, SnugRide 32, rear facing Radian, if I need to.

Too bad it doesn't puzzle well with the CA, I think it is my new favorite seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, the real issue is not the base, it's where the handle hits when it's on the base. I bet if you used it WITHOUT the base it might slip under the CA.

DahliaRW

Yeah, the real issue is not the base, it's where the handle hits when it's on the base. I bet if you used it WITHOUT the base it might slip under the CA.

Unfortunately, no. At least in the 3rd row of my van it did not work.

It does puzzle well with the rfing radian (at least on one side). I bet you could do it in between two...though I haven't tried it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC