infant in marathon

M

mom2annika

First of all thank you everybody for answering my Marathon fabric question (unregistered back then). I went to BRU and liked the colonial blue, very soft, hopefully not to hot, and very versatile in color (have a girl but who knows what will come next). By the way, I ordered it at babyage.com (price was $209) and it arrived within 3 days.

Here is my question:

Annika is now 4 months old already 25 inches (reason I ordered MA) but she is just being swallowed by the MA, especially those rubber-thingis. Can I take them off? Has anyone used the MA with an infant? Can you tell me how it worked for you?

Thank you

Simone

ADS

bazanna

Senior Community Member
I have not had an infant in a Marathon. I do know that you can take the rubber HUGS pads off in rearfacing mode. You'll have to put them back on when she faces forward but that won't be for quite some time yet. :)

M

mom2annika

I will definitely have to take the rubber HUGS off. It seems that otherwise I cannot even tighten the harnesses tight enough. My daughter is about 25 inches / 15 pounds so I will wait about 4 more weeks before I will switch her from her snugride into the MA.

One more question: I am going to have her RF and reclined. What if the top of the seat touches the back of the front passenger seat, is that bad?

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
Hi,

Generally it is a good thing to have the car restraint touching the back of the vehicle seat. It is better for the restraint to already be touching the seat than for it to slam into it. Just a caution - some manufactures do not allow this. Britax does, however, it is always a good idea to check the manual first.

HTH,
Sara :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC