Pic of EFTA without pillow (checking where the harness slots end)

APmama2MAK

I have a pic (as I requested) of my niece in the EFTA so I can tell how much more room she has before I have to figure out how to buy her another seat.
I do have permission to post this, I told SIL id blur her face even if she didnt care either way. I know the chest clip is horrible *eyeroll* I finally got them to tighten the harness somewhat and install it completely properly, and usually the chest clip is much better but they arent consistent with it.

She is also about 45 lbs (recently turned 2 and was only like 40 in january) and about 35 inches. I would just get a maestro but the weight limit is useless for her and I am not sure if I can afford a nauti, not to mention they REALLY need something with no rethread harness, I cant drive 3 hrs to switch harness slots for them or put a car seat together.

Anyways, I cant tell where the harness slots end and I was looking for a rough estimate as to how much room she has left height-wise, every stock photo Im finding has the headpillow in the way.

You can sort of see where her ears are, even though i am thinking shes going to weigh-out of this seat.

stephaniecarseat1b.jpg

ADS

rachelandtyke

So are you wanting a pic without the pillow? I can do that after I put DS to bed. My 41 in tall DD still fits with plenty of height room left, so I'd agree your DN will most likely outgrow by weight not height based on her trending.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They're pretty high, right about her ears would be my guess.

Here's Piper at 5y10m, probably about 35 pounds, with a 16.5" torso.

2637858597_278f18d6f4.jpg

2638685192_2fc4fa96c2.jpg

Wendy

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I agree, she'll outgrow by weight before height. The Nautilus would be my first choice (I'd just put the harness a bit high to start with). My 2nd choice would be the Evenflo Generations65. It too will harness to 65 pounds and she's going to need the weight it seems. I probably would not go with the Maestro, she's almost outgrown it already. The generations is only about $100 so maybe that's the way to go if the Nauti is a little too spendy.

APmama2MAK

Yea I am wondering if I can send a nauti already put together? If not I cant do that, they honestly have issues with the EFTA and they didnt have to do anything when they got it.

I have heard when you get past a certain slot with the Nauti you have to do something different when you rethread, and I can see that easily being overlooked :-( I have also heard the gen 65 harness slots are pretty low compared with the maestro, why in the heck dont they just combine those seats!?!?

ETA: The data spreadsheet lists it as the same harness height as the EFTA but 65 lbs, I guess Im back to considering it. Any idea on how easily the Gen65 installs compared to the EFTA? They got that in really nice and tight in their older caravan (dont know specific year)

Last edited:

veggiegirl228

I thought that the Gen 65 installed a bit easier since it doesn't have the curved back like the EFTA. The one thing I didn't like was the head slump for dd.

APmama2MAK

yea the spreadsheet says 16.25 for the gen65 and 16.5-17 for the efta

the growth charts say about 7-8th percentile for height and over 100th for weight so maybe the gen65 harness height will be fine, I doubt she will be ready for a booster before 6. I am thinking of just figuring out a way to get a frontier or frontier 85.

steph_s

She reminds me of my current 2 year old. I'm willing to bet she will outgrow this in weight before height if she continues on her growth curve. I understand being hesitant about the Nautilus if they are unwilling to appropriately adjust the harnesses on an EFTA they surely aren't going to do well with the Nautilus.

This is the kind of child that I get so upset with Britax for discontinuing the Regent for! My current 2yo complains about the lack of leg support in the Frontier, but loves her Regent! Is there any way at all that they could swing a Regent? You have a little time to wait for one to come up on swap here.

Would they drive and meet you half way to install the car seat for them and get a feel of how it works and such? The Regent might not be a super easy install, but at least the harness are fairly straight forward once you know what your doing and there is so much space in between them that you won't have to worry about switching them for awhile.

APmama2MAK

If I could get enough money around and so could they (i have no job, they barely make ends meet for gas and such as it is) to meet, thats a great idea. One good thing though is that once its installed, its going to stay there unless I tell them to take it out to check it and look over it. No switching cars and such.

Another good bit of news, I had her weigh her today and since I spent a week stressing her going outside a little each day, had them get a pool and offered to get outside toys, shes gone down to 41 lbs in a few weeks. I would love to see her at a healthy weight and even just that little bit now I have 9 lbs til the limit!

I forgot about the Regent though so I will keep that in mind along with other options :) Im really geeked she lost a little weight for many reasons!

NannyMom

Yea I am wondering if I can send a nauti already put together? If not I cant do that, they honestly have issues with the EFTA and they didnt have to do anything when they got it.

I have heard when you get past a certain slot with the Nauti you have to do something different when you rethread, and I can see that easily being overlooked :-( I have also heard the gen 65 harness slots are pretty low compared with the maestro, why in the heck dont they just combine those seats!?!?

ETA: The data spreadsheet lists it as the same harness height as the EFTA but 65 lbs, I guess Im back to considering it. Any idea on how easily the Gen65 installs compared to the EFTA? They got that in really nice and tight in their older caravan (dont know specific year)

I think I heard there will be a Maestro65 coming out, and it will go to 65 pounds. I know thye just released the EFTA65.

APmama2MAK

I was just thinking I was going insane haha! Im glad Im not, we have time to wait for those to show up now, yay. Thanks for reminding me that those seats are real haha

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC