Kia Soul and car seats

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Does anyone have any info on the Kia Soul and car seats? Does it have any sneaky things to worry about? You know, like the RAV4 has the overlapping seatbelt or a style of seat belt that makes installs difficult?

Right now, the vehicle would have to hold a teenager that sits in an adult seat belt and a RF pre-schooler. Is is possible an infant seat may have to fit sometime as well, and the RF child would then be FF or in a high backed booster depending on age/maturity.

ADS

robbertbobbert

Ooh I do hope someone knows something about this! I'm no help, but I'm looking at getting a Soul next year when I graduate college and I was wondering how compatible they are with car seats.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
We'll find out this afternoon or at least by Monday as my family member has purchased the Soul. I am going with them to pick it up today! They did take DD's MR with them and did a test run before they signed the papers. They didn't see anything crazy that would interfere with an install. Not as thorough as I would have checked, but they tried. :D

U

Unregistered

Hi, found this post on a search, I'm going to be picking up my new soul this week. Does anyone have any further info? If so it'd be great if you wouldn't mind emailing me at messyriot AT yahoo DOT com. thank you! PS, I currently have a graco snugride 32 but have been looking at britax marathons and sunshine kids xtsl for his next seat. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Sorry, I forgot to update! The Graco My Ride (MR) is the seat we have installed rear-racing in the Soul and it installs perfectly. I don't expect the SR32 or the Marathon would give you any issues either. The Radian is a peculiar beast and I can't say if it would work in the Soul. You'd have to test it out yourself. I suspect though that it will take up more front to back room than the My Ride and Marathon, as I don't see the seats allowing it to install more upright. So, you could have issues with the person in the front seat having enough room to sit.

When the MR is installed outboard, my older child who sits in an adult seatbelt, can't fit in the centre beside it. She's thin, but it means she is jammed up against the MR and there is nowhere to put her arm other than *in* the MR which annoys the child in the MR. :)

Also, I find the centre seat belt fits my oldest much better than the outboard seat belts. The centre sits lower on her pelvis and the buckle is in a better position as outboard the buckle sits right on her hip bone and digs into her hip making it uncomfortable for her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC