I told the guy this was expired.....he's not happy!

Amaris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=130086627630&rd=1&rd=1

At first he was asking questions about why seats expire and stuff, so I thought I was getting somewhere. Well, that was yesterday and today this is still there, so I emailed him again....guess he's not to happy! I finally told him I was reporting the seat to e-bay, and here's his wonderful reply

I'M TELLING ...I'M TELLING ...NA , NA , NA NA NA ...THIS IS THE 4TH TIME YOU HAVE E-MAILED ME , WHY DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO EXPIRE ? I KNOW YOU DO NOT HAVE A LIFE , JUST BORROW ONE FOR A DAY OR 2 !!! YOU ARE BLOCKED AND NO FURTHER COMMUNICATION WILL BE GRANTED ...$20.00 SAYS YOUR SINGLE , NO MAN COULD PUT UP WITH YOU ....I'M TELLING .....

I wish common sense was standard!!

ADS

broken4u05

HAHA that is really funny. You were only trying to help. I wish people would learn. And someone bidded on it

Amaris

I reported it and also sent an email to customer support, but I don't know if that will do anything!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I reported it as a recalled item.

I'm assuming it's recalled. Can't be sure, but whatever.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Actually, it IS on the recall list :p :

"ALL SEATS: Many seats are more than 10 years old. Some seats made before 1998 have recalls. Do not use if more than 10 years old or if date is unknown."

"DOM: 2/1/96 to 10/17/97: If used with tether, the shell breaks near the tether attachment point in a crash. Call for tether replacement kit. [Not a recall.]"​

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Okay - I just send the guy a message informing him that the seat is expired and has a recall on it. I'll let you know what the response is... At least now there is a record of someone officially alerting him if eBay comes snooping :rolleyes:

chelle80

HEHEHE, i e-mailed him too. I bet he gets tired of us:p !!!!

ETA: he emailed me back and all he said is THANK YOU, so i went ahead and reported it as a recalled item.

Last edited:

Amaris

I don't know, but I'll give you a quarter if you email and ask him. :D :p

I thought about it, but I don't want him harassing me, and I've got a feeling he could be pretty good at that!

The seat is still there this morning:mad: I'm thinking about sending a message to the person who bid on it!!

ajweeks

I just sent this email to the buyer:

"Hi, I'm very concerned about child passenger safety and I noticed that you bid on this very old used and expired car seat. Please do not buy this seat for your child or any other child. Car seats expire in 6 years and this one was manufactured in 1997. 5 pt. harnesses also provide better protection for your child than an over-head shield. I understand that car seats can be expensive, but you can buy a new 5pt. Cosco Scenera at Walmart for $40, and it is a nice safe seat. "

I hope someone listens and doesn't use this seat for any child!

Synchro246

Good, I think the buyer should also get the benefit of being informed about what their bidding on.

I also reported it. As a Hazardous item, then other hazardous item.

Amaris

I've done it as a recalled item and a hazadous item. I don't think it's going to make a difference. I do hope the buyer reconsiders though! Let us know what he/she says!

lynsgirl

I also reported it earlier this morning as a hazardous item. I hope it gets pulled and he can find someone else to act juvenile toward :p .

Amaris

He hasn't said anything yet, but I'm waiting on the message that I get for "reporting him" to everyone here!!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I got a response from the seller saying, "Thank you...". Not sure if he's being sarcastic but - it's gone!!! :D Don't know if it was removed by eBay or by the seller, but at least that's one less dangerous seat out there...;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC