Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Coupons- How to shop for free

For those interested, i can help people learn Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Shaws, Market Basket, Target and Walmart.

I suggest everyone join afullcup.com if you're interested.. they have forums for a bunch of stores I dont have around here...

like I said, hip2save.com is good at breaking down the weekly ads of the drugstores..

and howtoshopforfree.net does great with riteaid, shaws and other new england stores.

also.. iheartcvs.com, iheartwags.com, iheartriteaid.com are good also..

thru the iheart.com websites and afullcup.com, you can generally see the ads a week in advance, if not more... this helps you plan your purchases.. if you like olay facewash.. you can see its on the best sale next week at cvs, so dont buy it this week at walmart, ya know?

for example, my family goes thru a ton of tuna fish. (not me personally, but dad eats it every day..).. next week, chunk light tuna is on sale for $0.55 a can at wags. I will prob hit wags 2-3 times next week to get a bunch of it. The solid white goes on sale too, I generally wont pay more than $0.99 for the solid white either..

I never realized that the drug stores have good prices on food sometimes, but they really do. We use honey every week in bread we make. At the grocery store the big bottle is $7.99 generally... well, its often on sale at wags for $3.99... so w/o coupons, I've saved $4 on an item we use!

I agree that wags can be... super annoying. I am NOT a fan of the RR, and #number of coupons vs # of items, and if they are wags q's vs something else.. blah blah.. its a headache, but... sometimes they have the best deals.

also.. this works the best if you keep up with it. getting a RR from wags, or ECB from CVS is pointless if you dont use it and it expires so you gotta keep up with it a bit to get the most bang for your buck! I will continue to post some deals... I'll do some for next weeks ad that start on sunday..
    Lauren
    NICU RN, CPST and Nanny

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

And if the links that bp posted DON'T have your local store(s), hotcouponworld.com also has awesome forums sorted by store with weekly previews, scenarios, and awesome helpers around.

Kittykate - I will get back to you more on Sunday when the new ad goes up. I've got my boys this week and haven't had time to think straight, let alone look at ads. (I didn't shop this week). Three things you need to check for Meijer - a) does your store double coupons, how many double, and up to what value (most stores that double alow 3 up to $.50 - any more are taken at face value)? Bottom of the front page of the ad should say. b) Do they accept printable coupons? Ask. Preferably a supervisor. c) What cycle does your store run? Some are Sun - Sat, some are Wed - Tue.

One thing that did jump at me this week was the Ragu/Skippy deal if you use either/or. On sale for $1.50@, buy 6 (mix and match) and save $3 instantly.
    So -
    4 Skippy = $6
    2 Ragu = $3
    - $3 instant savings = $6 ($1 each which is decent)

Meijer often does deals like this - they're even better when there are coupons to accompany them, but I'm not finding any for them this time .

Meijer also has 10/$10 get 1 free sales. For those I try to use coupons for the first 10, and make sure the 11th, "free" item is something I don't have a coupon for, or a paper/cleaning product I need, etc.

So for example: (Yes, convenience foods - my brain is tired.)

4 Chex Mix - $1@, $1/2 printable x2 = $.50@ ($2)
    2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix - $1@, $.40/1 printable x 2 = $.60@/$.20@ if your store doubles ($1.20/$.40)
    2 Betty Crocker Warm Delights - $1@, $.50/1 printable x 2= $.50@/FREE if doubles ($1/FREE)
    2 Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad - $1@, $.40/1 printable x 2 = $.60@/$.20@ if doubles ($1.20/$.40)
    1 Joy Dish Soap - FREE since it's #11 on the belt
    Total - $5.40/$2.80 if your store doubles
    for 11 items

Another tip for Meijer. Around here markdown meat day is Thursday. It's often 40-60% off for meat that perfectly good - they just want fresh cases for the weekend. Hit the cases, and freeze anything you won't use over the weekend (I <3 my foodsaver!)

[QUOTE=TerisBoys;1328304]

One thing that did jump at me this week was the Ragu/Skippy deal if you use either/or. On sale for $1.50@, buy 6 (mix and match) and save $3 instantly.
    So -
    4 Skippy = $6
    2 Ragu = $3

ya, there were coupons that expired on 6/20 for those... hopefully we'll get more soon..
    Lauren
    NICU RN, CPST and Nanny

Ugh, I bought the Kohls coupons off ebay like you said because I needed a dress for tonight. I went and picked out a dress, earrings, and a necklace and wanted to make 3 transactions to use 3 $5 off coupons. I told the lady I would like to make separate transactions and took out my coupons. She refused saying they were "one per household." I was annoyed but needed the stuff for tonight. So I spent $1 to save $5 and did my shopping based on saving $15........this is why I cannot get into this coupon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    Ugh, I bought the Kohls coupons off ebay like you said because I needed a dress for tonight. I went and picked out a dress, earrings, and a necklace and wanted to make 3 transactions to use 3 $5 off coupons. I told the lady I would like to make separate transactions and took out my coupons. She refused saying they were "one per household." I was annoyed but needed the stuff for tonight. So I spent $1 to save $5 and did my shopping based on saving $15........this is why I cannot get into this coupon thing.
    yeah kohls is hit or miss on this.. sometimes they couldnt care less, sometimes the cashier is not so into it..

i generally go with my mom, we each check out in the womens area, then in the mens area..

ive been doing this for awhile and only had 1 cashier give me issues.

people have varying feelings on the $5 coupons.. since ive watched one of the ladies i learned from use them (many of them) at one time, in kohls while being video taped for a news program... kohls management knows that this goes on.. and didnt care.. again, they figure we're gonna buy more when we're in the store, and I often do..

if kohls was really bothered by people using too many of the $5 coupons, they would stop the program.. but they havent, and they know what goes on..

so.. ya, i still do it and use my coupons. it is not an "easy" or "fast' couponing experience to get the most outa them at kohls, but hey ive got more time than money atm....

sorry it didnt go well for you!
    Lauren
    NICU RN, CPST and Nanny

Quote Originally Posted by bp2002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post

So -
    4 Skippy = $6
    2 Ragu = $3
    ya, there were coupons that expired on 6/20 for those... hopefully we'll get more soon..

The coupon database showed printables, but I wasn't able to find them either. $1/2 Skippy and $.60/1 Ragu if I remember right. Using those, end result would've been $2.80 out of pocket for the above.

I would absolutely love some help getting started. I've tried serious couponing in the past and it was just too confusing. I did Walgreens RR for awhile, but they changed it and the cashiers were reallly snotty and it took forever, so I stopped shopping there.

I shop at CVS, Smiths and Albertsons (also a TON at Costco and Sam's Club, but I could buy less there if I could get stuff cheaper at grocery/drug stores) and am willing to go back to Walgreens for a good deal.

zip 87120
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
    Where did you see that? The form says excludes tax, trial, and vitality products, but nothing about coupons. It also says it can't be combined with other rebates - but not coupons.
    nak

because you have to spend the 25 for the rebate. if the coupons took your total below 25, you didnt spend 25. you then arent eligible to get the rebate.
    Kristen, CPST-I, driving a '15 Odyssey
    Kendall, 11 years, 5-stepping
    Riley, 9 years, FR90, Cambria
    Nolan, 8 years, Nauti, Cambria
    Parker, 5 years, FR90, TKD Foonf

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMy4Monkeys View Post
    nak

because you have to spend the 25 for the rebate. if the coupons took your total below 25, you didnt spend 25. you then arent eligible to get the rebate.
    coupons are often considered a form of payment in rebate situations.
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

Quote Originally Posted by 4boysmom View Post
    coupons are often considered a form of payment in rebate situations.
    ive had several rebates rejected because it said you needed to spend $10 (or whatever) and the coupons took it below that amount. Just sayin for anyone who wanted to send it in, dont be disappointed if they don't honor it. ive had it happen alot.
    Kristen, CPST-I, driving a '15 Odyssey
    Kendall, 11 years, 5-stepping
    Riley, 9 years, FR90, Cambria
    Nolan, 8 years, Nauti, Cambria
    Parker, 5 years, FR90, TKD Foonf

I am getting pretty good a coupons. My average saving when we go to store is about $20-$30. Which is preety good since we don't buy just all junk food. Just recently I had three coupons on deodernt. $3 off when you buy two and then two $1 dollor off coupons of 1. A total savings of $5 off 2 deoderents.

Senior Community Member MANDY1234's Avatar

Someone explain how you use more than 1 coupon on things I never can...Like tonight I had a $5 off a razor(from the newspaper) and a $1 off (printed from internet) and when she scaned them the $1 wouldn't take...It was still a good deal though. 1.50 for a fancy razor for DH lol

Oh I also got wipes for $.54 and shving cream for $.50...I had a million buy one get one free body wash for DH Saving me over $30 this evening!!
    BrookeLynn 10, Payton 9, Mya 6, Quincy 5

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brookelynn2005 View Post
    Someone explain how you use more than 1 coupon on things I never can...Like tonight I had a $5 off a razor(from the newspaper) and a $1 off (printed from internet) and when she scaned them the $1 wouldn't take...It was still a good deal though. 1.50 for a fancy razor for DH lol

Oh I also got wipes for $.54 and shving cream for $.50...I had a million buy one get one free body wash for DH Saving me over $30 this evening!!
    To use 2 coupons they have to be a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon, not just from 2 different places. Many coupons off the internet are manu Q and I'm guessing they both were manufacturer coupons. Target does have coupons online and most of them are store coupons, but even some of them are manu coupons. Just look at the top of the coupon and it will tell you if it is a manufacturer coupon or a store coupon.
    Andraya-6 Nathaniel-4 Annalee Grace 18mon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

OK - Meijer this week actually has some really nice deals. These prices are from Kittykate's store - zip 43130. Store prices do vary a little within the market. This particular store doubles coupons up to $.99, limit 2. <insert jealous smilie here> I stuck with printables this week on the assumption that you don't have a stash of coupons already.

** Meats and produce rarely have coupons. For these I set a price in my head that I'm willing to pay. I do have meat in the freezer so it's usually easy to keep to my price list. I also check the butcher's case - often my store has in-store specials on Naturewell ground beef (hormone free, really lean, really yum meat)

• Apricots/Nectarines/Peaches/Peach-a-rines - $.99/#
    • Boneless skinless chicken breast - $1.79/# - family pack
    • Ground Angus from Chuck - $1.69/#, limit 3 packages

• Aunt Millie's Buns/Bread - Buy 1 Get 2 free
    • Lays Chips - Buy 1 Get 1 free
    • Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs - $.99 $1/2 coupon here = $.49/pack
    • Hillshire Farms lunchmeat - 2/$5 $.55/1 coupon here, doubled = $1.40/container
    • Meijer Milk (gallon) - 2/$4 (this seems to be the going price lately)
    • Philadelphia cream cheese - 4/$5 $1/1 coupon here = $.25/brick
    • Deans Dips - $.99 $1/2 coupon here = $.49/container
    • ChiChi's salsa - $.99 possible $1/2 tearpad coupon (check Giant Eagle) = $.49/jar
    • Del Monte fruit chillers - $1.99 $1/1 here = $.99/pack
    • Kellogg's cereals/NutriGrain bars (select - page 11 of your add) - 4/$10, buy 4 save $4 instantly $1/2 MiniWheats coupons here = 4 boxes for $4
    • Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta - $.99 $.75/1 coupon here, doubled = Free
    • Old Orchard juice - $1.66 $.50/1 coupon here, doubled + $.50 mealbox coupon here (doesn't double) = $.16

Quote Originally Posted by jewlsvern View Post
    To use 2 coupons they have to be a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon, not just from 2 different places. Many coupons off the internet are manu Q and I'm guessing they both were manufacturer coupons.
    This is why I am having trouble with the RA sunscreen scenerio. The Q's are an instore RA "man" q, a printed RA "man" q, and a bonafide bricks printed manufacters q. I can see being able to use 1 RA q and one man but don't really understand why I'd be able to use two RA q's. This doesn't even take into account the $5 off $20 or $25, though with that I'd likely buy a roll of lifesavers or the like just to save the headache with that and the q can be "assigned" to that.
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

I need to set up my coupons better. How do you store your for ease of use?
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

Quote Originally Posted by bp2002 View Post
    Another easy one.. im going to try to post a link to a pdf file.. this is NOT my strong suite, so bare with me if it doesnt work.

this is a pdf printable for $1 off ANY scotch-brite product... SO, I buy the single sponges! WalMart and Market Basket sell them for $0.87-$0.99 in my area, so FREE with the coupon. Its good til the end of June, so jump on it. I only use it once per transaction, and the cashiers often have to "price it down" to the amount the sponge actually is.. tho some let it go thru as a $1, and you then get a little bit towards something else. So, stock up! I now have a bunch of new sponges, so I dont use each one for very long as they get gross... even with putting them in the dishwasher.

ok here is the link.. (i hope)
    http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/sc...ver/coupon.pdf
    This is a $1/2 now. The $1/1 was taken down a while back. I used them for free sponges at Walmart too.

Quote Originally Posted by babycat124 View Post
    Just recently I had three coupons on deodernt. $3 off when you buy two and then two $1 dollor off coupons of 1. A total savings of $5 off 2 deoderents.
    To use all those coupons, you needed to buy 4 deodorants. The $3/2 coupon attaches to 2 deodorants, and the 2 $1/1s attach to 2 additional deodorants. If the cashier you had allowed it, they were in the wrong. Coupons have the wording "one per purchase" since you can redeem one coupon per item purchased. If it's a coupon off 2 items, then you can use 1 coupon for 2 items.

I coupons.
    Elise (12.22.07) 55# 49" in an Affix
    Lindsey (5.17.09) 45# 47" in an Affix

Owen (4.13.12) 35# 39" in an RXT or XTSL
    Riding in a 2011 Honda Pilot or 2010 Mazda CX9

CPS Technician

I didn't see this mentioned - if you haven't already, sign up for vocalpoint
    (www.vocalpoint.com) - they often send free product coupons along w/ several (usually high value) coupons for the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by veggiegirl228 View Post
    I'm lazy - I store mine in an expandable file by date - unclipped. Other people use a file box or a binder, cut their coupons out and file alphabetical by mfr, or by type (dairy, canned, cereal, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by veggiegirl228 View Post
    I posted a picture of my binder in a thread a few months old. Here is the link to my binder pictures:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php...66&postcount=6
    Katy

22. Thank You from: