What puzzles well wit a KF? Symphony 65?

MarathonMama

SIL has 8 month old twins, 2003 Kia Spectra, needs an occasional 3 across with a booster for nephew.

Z- 21-22lbs in a Symphony 65
C- 17-18lbs in a KF 22 (but has a Symphony 65 waiting for him)
Nephew- almost 8, probably 50-60lbs (sorry, not sure)

Is there any way to fit the two seats she already has in with a booster as well? My 2 SILs tried to do it but said they couldn't get them in tight :rolleyes: so they have given up and said that nephew just won't ride with her and they will walk (which is good, but emergencies happen and I don't want them to become complacent and just put him in the centre with lap belt like they were before I talked to them!!!!).

Would getting a Scenera help? C won't fit in his KF for a whole lot longer so she'll need to consider another seat anyways (esp since I"m guessing the 2 Symphony 65s won't fit!).

What would you suggest?

ETA: budget is a concern

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What about getting a Ride Safer Travel vest for the 8 year old?

ETA: oh, oops, you're in Canada. Sorry. :(

Keyfit is pretty narrow, the Symphony is very wide. It's the Symphony that's your problem. 2 Sceneras might solve it, they are much narrower.

MarathonMama

You can't use the RSTV with lap belt can you?

If she can't get the other 2 in side by side then he would have to be centre with lap belt.

Besides, I'm not sure she would want to fork out the money for it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, since it's illegal in Canada, if that's where she is it's irrelevant.

It can be used with lap only belt IF there is a tether anchor in that position. Most vehicles with lap belts in the center are old enough that tether anchors can be retrofitted (not factory equipped) though there are a few exceptions; in most cases a tether anchor can be put in that position specifically (with the lap only belt.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC