True Fit vs True Fit Premier?

ADS

essnce629

Well, I picked the Premier because of the anti-rebound bar feature and also because the anti-rebound bar keeps the bottom of the seat from being pressed up against the car's seat making it easy to use the harness adjuster. Many owner's of the regular True Fit complain that the harness adjuster is extremely hard to get to when the seat is rear-facing due to it being so low and buried against the seat.

msg221

I also chose the TFP because of the rebound bar. As far as the harness adjuster being easier to reach, I think it is a bit difficult to reach even with the TFP. At least it is in my vehicle. I still have to really dig down far to find it. I can't compare it to the regular TF, although I will be able to next month when I go to visit my SIL and have to install a regular TF in her vehicle for her daughter's baby who is also visiting at that time.

msg221

Have you guys tried to install it more upright with the ARB? Any issues with that?

I have both of my TFP's installed in the upright position. No issues at all. I went out and took pictures. Both the driver and passenger seat are set to be comfortable for me. I am 5'7". This is in a 2003 Toyota Highlander.

You can see how much room there still is between the passenger seat and the TFP

P1020172.jpg

I measured about 4.5 inches between the driver's seat and the headrest on the TFP:

P1020171.jpg

Here is a shot of both seats:

P1020170.jpg

hsjwmom

I chose to keep our TFP and sell the TF for the same reasons mentioned by the PPs. It truly was a pain in the butt to try and reach the harness adjuster on the TF. It still isn't the easiest on the TFP, but it is doable.

I haven't had any trouble getting the TFP in upright. If anything, I'd prefer it to be a bit more reclined! (dd3 is a peanut and tends to slump in her TFP. Her MA is a better fit for her frame.)

Lenae

I bought the original TF for DS before the TFP was released, and I loved it. When DD was born, I chose the TF again because the contour of my vehicle seats actually give a little room for your hand to reach in and get to the adjuster, so it was never a problem for me.

I liked the idea of the anti-rebound feature, but I was on a budget and couldn't justify to DH the extra money for it, when we knew the original worked perfectly for us. I loved the butterfly cover I got for DD, but that was really just a plus, and not a deciding factor whether to get the TF or the TFP.

I've had my TF's in something like four or five different cars, and while reaching the adjuster is definitely a pain in some of them, it wouldn't be the only reason I'd get rid of one. And both DH and I love the TF and how easy it's been to install everywhere we've tried it. DS is super leggy, and plenty of legroom as well. We liked the TF so much before the TFP was released, we just stuck with it. The adjuster was never much of a problem.

ElaynesMom

I chose the TF over the TFP because I was on a budget as well. My dd was close to outgrowing her crummy old style EB 3in1 by height and none of the current seats that rf to 40 lbs were really a perfect fit for a variety of reasons, so I wanted to get a seat to keep her rf until I saw what the new Britax seats were going to be like, or if I could figure out a way to get a different 40 lb seat to work for us. I bought it on sale and right after I bought it my dd had a huge growth spurt and is now over the weight limit rf on her EB 3in1 (30 lbs as I'm in Canada), but still fits by height :rolleyes:

The harness adjuster doesn't bother me too much since it's a continuos loop harness, though it would be nice if it was more accessible, and while I think the ARB probably does add some protection, I feel that my dd is perfectly safe without it too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC