i HATE math

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
just a quick rant...there is no way i am passing my test today...no way on earth (last time i uses a calculator:eek: )

ADS

broken4u05

What kind of math is it? So you are still a student. So am I. I am not really taking a math class this semster but a science class that has alot of math in it. All summer i will be taking math classes. Good luck and i hope you do pass.

scatterbunny

Good luck! I quit taking math in 10th grade, we were only required 2 years of math in high school and I was in advanced math so I figured I knew enough. In college I did accounting classes but that's simple math. :p

broken4u05

2 years in high school. We had to take 4. That and english were all 4 years. my 12th grade year i took 4 classes math english child dev and art. than i had an intership at a day care center. Again good luck

scatterbunny

Yep, we only had 2 years of math required, 2 years of science, but 4 years of English.

My senior year I had 4 or 5 classes, can't remember now...English, Computer Information Processing, Government/Economics and French. I might be forgetting one. Oh yes, I don't even remember what it was called, but it was a banking class, we opened a student branch of a local credit union at the high school.

I went to school until 1:30-1:45 pm and then went to work at a wood products manufacturing plant at 2 pm until 11 pm. I worked full-time the last half of my senior year and almost didn't graduate because I could barely make it to class half the time.

broken4u05

wowi dont know if i could of done a full time job in high school. Good for you. I was out of school by 11:30-12 and had my intership till 2. I loved it. And the banking class sounds like fun. I did something like that but it was more about taxes. How to do the 1099 and all the other stuff for jobs.

scatterbunny

Yeah...it was hard, and I don't recommend it to people. I wanted to save for college because I knew my grades weren't good enough to get scholarships (even though I was in advanced classes and always scored in the 98th+ percentiles on standardized tests) because I became wild in high school and quit caring about school until the last half of junior year when I realized what damage I was doing in so many ways. I got good grades after that but it wasn't enough to bring my cumulative GPA high enough to get scholarships. So I worked my butt off senior year to save enough to pay for two years at a community college. Then married a total jerk right after high school graduation and let him spend my entire college fund on drugs. :( Thankfully he was out of my life six months later, but I was without a college fund.

broken4u05

wow. God i am thankful for my mom. I would not be going to school right now if it was not for her. She pays for everything still. But when i move out it will all be me. That is good you got out fast and is not still with him. Was he always that way or did he change?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Geez, Jenny... what a jerk!?! And after you worked so hard. :mad:

Like you, I became wild in high school, let me grades slide, and then got interested again in grades/learning sometime my junior year. However, my parents paid for college. I footed the bill for grad school and will be paying it off for decades to come... :( DH's parents told him in 8th grade that if he wanted to go to college, to get a job. So he started working when he was 14 and hasn't stopped since (except for our sailing trip :p ) - it took him an extra year to get out of college b/c he had to work so much that he couldn't carry a full load of courses his last year or so. I admire you all for doing that - at that age, I was not disciplined enough...:rolleyes:

ETA: Oh, sorry Amber, for hijacking your thread! I do love math... wish I could help you!!! Good luck...

LuvBug

gah When I was in high school you were required to take math, english, history, and science ALL FOUR YEARS... as well as 2 years of a foreign language.
I personally LOVE math ;) Im a very ANALytical person lol!

broken4u05

wow we didnt have to take that much. We did have to take 2 years of a foreign language but my 1 in middle school went to high school same with one math year too. I like some math.. Others i just can not do.. Sorry for stelling the thread

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
you wan tto help!?!?! i am all for help!!!! lol i failed my first quiz...didnt get not one right...it is rational expressions multiplying and dividing...help would be great....

LuvBug

umm, well I think I do ;) lol!
That is what my math class last semester was mainly focused on, rational and irrational expressions.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
well on this computer, the chat doesnt work ( i am at my aunts house) but i do have gmail...which has chat capability:) i cant download any chat programs either because my cousins use this ocmputer and they arent supposed to be on them

LuvBug

well pooh, I dont have the gmail thing... Im not a chatter outside our chat lol!
How about in the thread? that way others can jump in too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC