Two years old!!!!

purplemama

So I ordered a BabyTrend Flexloc from Walmart.com. Had it shipped to my house because it was cheaper than driving an hour round trip to pick it up. So I got it on Tuesday and for some strange reason just today looked at the DOM. 7-12-2008. Um, really? Granted, it was $79.00 but I could find it about $10 more other places so I don't think that's that big of a discount.

And the base is totally different. I played with one at a local store (didn't buy that one because it was part of a travel system) and the base was the main reason I wanted it. But the base I got was drastically different shaped than the newer one. When did they change the base?

Needless to say, it's going back. I didn't use it beyond installing it so if they resell it it's fine. But I'm not going to keep a seat that only has 4 years left when I can get one almost the same price with more time to use it. I know some of you don't approve of returning seats but I feel ripped off. If it had been cheaper that would be different.

ADS

MomToEliEm

How frustrating that they are sending such old seats. I am sure that seat is still good, but should have more of a discount on it since it is older.

I have never played with the Flexloc so I wasn't are of two different bases. Keep looking and hopefully you will find a better deal on a newer seat.

babyherder

I've installed and returned seats. I tried the fit of both a TB and a vivo in my car by installing and then returning. (One didn't fit and one I decided I didn't really need but was glad to know it fit).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC