Who wants to take this one?

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i think its fine...my dd has reflux..and i know how hard it is to get them to sleep anyother place:( :(

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
When Nolan has had bad bronchitis like Brian, we've brought his seat into the bed for him to prop up in to sleep (he won't stay propped on a pillow and rolls off the pillow). I think it's okay although it does sound scary upon first glance, doesn't it?

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Well, if that is really what they are using it for, I see no problems w/it. Why else would they ask specifically for expired/wrecked seats?

My BF had an old smartmove and her DS would use it to lounge around in. They put a blanket over it and reclined it and he would watch tv and stuff in it...

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
maybe just to recycle them, since they knew there seats would be cheaper? thats my guess

Morganthe

My daughter had severe reflux and she slept better in her carseat or swing than lying flat for a long time.
That said, there is no way in hell that I would have allowed her to sleep without nearby supervision, nor through an entire night, and definitely without the straps snug on her! It's just too dangerous for an infant/baby to do this. Tipping, falling out, and breathing issues would just be too risky, imo.

If I remember correctly, most car seat manufacturers advise against using carseats as full time beds in the car manuals. I'm sure none of them would want an expired or crash damaged carseat to be implemented like this. :( Just think of the horrible PR towards their company if something went terribly wrong.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC