replacement parts 3 Q's

Katy

I've heard they are expensive but does anyone know how much replacement covers and accessories are from graco.

Also how long is the warranty on SSK seats? Our exclips covers are junk. The mesh is all snaggy and frayed, the belly pads and harness covers are coming apart. We got the seats Jan/Feb sometime. Less than 6m!! There is no way they will last as long as the carseats.

Also say one had a SS1 seat and was replacing the harness anyways. Could you replace with a 32 or 35? I know the base would still only be able to be used to 30 but if you used SBP could you got to the higher weights since the harness weight is higher. Are the straps longer in the 32/35? I know my DS ran out of harness length before height and weight of the seat. If I remember correctly the shell is the same on all 3 seats right?

Thanks

ADS

featherhead

I think I can answer the question about the SK seat. The belly pad for my Ventura cover was coming apart, I called and they sent me a new one. Also, on my RN65 the warning tag was coming off the cover (the one behind the child's back). The seat is 3 years old already, but just today I received a new cover in the mail! So definitely call them and see what they can do for you.

For the SS1, I'm sure you could put whichever straps (SS1, SR32, or SR35) in you want, but you would still only be able to use the seat to the 30 lb limit. I doubt the straps are longer.

skitle1802

For your current SS1, were you using the infant loop in the harness straps for both the shoulder slots and the hip slots. There are shorter loops and then the long end of the strap loop. Does that make sense?

Katy

Well for the SS1 I ended up passing it down to my youngest. I did have the straps on the longest loop in back when I used it on DS2. He has an extreemly short torso but is chunky in the midsection. If you know what I mean. So his hight or weight wasn't the problem I just didn't have enough slack to cover his body once he hit the top slots. If there was a longer strap he would have made it longer in the seat before outgrowing by hight or weight. I didn't realize there are differnt loops on the hips too, I'll have to check that out for DD. It will be ahwile before we get there but i wanted to make sure she can sit there as long as possible before having to take DS1 out of the convertable to passs down to her. DS1 is almost 6 but FAR from being booster ready.

I'll call SSK, is their # on the website? Hopefully they have a 800 #.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Graco doesn't sell replacement covers, or at least they didn't when I was looking for one this winter... they had every other part listed, but no cover...I assume to make you buy a whole new seat to make more money. :whistle:

My SS1 cover was trash after 2 kiddos being in it a total of over 30 months, the back was all torn from banging into doorways and the car door frame in DH car so I ended up buying a complete seat in the same pattern off Craigslist and kept the cover and canopy and trashed the rest of the seat and base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC