ffing - straps at or above shoulders - stupid question

mykidsmom

ok, I do understand that forward facing the harness should be at or above the shoulders.

But what part of the shoulders? You know the shoulders go up to the neck on a curve, not a sharp angle. at what point in that slope up to the neck are we talking about? I thought it was just the horizontal part of the shoulder, but I saw a picture on here of another kid in a car seat and there were comments made about the harness slot not being below the curve up to the little girl's neck. To me it looked clearly like the harness slot was above the horizontal part of her shoulder. I would never have considered the sloped part to be the shoulder, but her neck.

So at what point of the shoulder or neck or what does the harness slot need to be above?

ADS

aeormsby

I would say from where they are touching the shoulders they need to be horizontal ('at' the shoulders) or slope upwards from the shoulder to the slot.

mykidsmom

I would say from where they are touching the shoulders they need to be horizontal ('at' the shoulders) or slope upwards from the shoulder to the slot.

I get that, my question is more related to the definition of shoulder. Is the shoulder just the horizontal part of the body? Is the curve that goes up to the vertical part of the body a part of the neck or part of the shoulder? Where does shoulder end and neck start? The curved part IS higher than the horizontal part of the shoulder.

featherhead

I get that, my question is more related to the definition of shoulder. Is the shoulder just the horizontal part of the body? Is the curve that goes up to the vertical part of the body a part of the neck or part of the shoulder? Where does shoulder end and neck start? The curved part IS higher than the horizontal part of the shoulder.

I guess it would depend on the carseat, and how far apart the harness straps are. If the straps are close together, and on the neck, then yeah, you would include that. You just want to make sure that the strap is not curving upwards at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC