Cybex Solution X-Fix vs. Clek Oobr - pic

BookMama

Senior Community Member
My X-Fix and Monzogary's Oobr met yesterday. :p Of course, since Mary had her great camera, I had her take a picture. The pic below shows both seats at their highest position. DS has about 1" or so to grow in the X-Fix (maybe a little more, it's hard to tell in that seat) but has loads of room in the Oobr. I was surprised at the height difference!

4722732262_31b37e5d8d.jpg

ADS

sixmaybemore

Honestly, I have no idea. I haven't seen ProBooster (is it even out yet? :eek:) and haven't really researched the reported measurements.

Yes, it is. I was supposed to get one, but I ended up canceling the order b/c almost two weeks after I ordered it, it wasn't shipped, and I never got an update, either. Somebody on here was supposed to get one, hopefully she can report in!

S

seoc

Thank you for posting the photo -- it's very helpful. I am confused because Cybex says that their seat works for a height of up to 60 inches and the Oobr is supposed to work for a height as tall as 57 inches, yet theOobr looks like it is several inches taller than the Cybex. I am trying to decide between the two....

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Thank you for posting the photo -- it's very helpful. I am confused because Cybex says that their seat works for a height of up to 60 inches and the Oobr is supposed to work for a height as tall as 57 inches, yet theOobr looks like it is several inches taller than the Cybex. I am trying to decide between the two....

Manufacturers' stated heights don't always have much (or anything :rolleyes:) to do with the real world. All kids grow differently, too. DS is 51" and short-torsoed, and he's got about 1" to go in the X-Fix. I suppose it's possible that he could grow 9" and have only 1" of that be torso, but I'd say it's unlikely.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
Honestly, I have no idea. I haven't seen ProBooster (is it even out yet? :eek:) and haven't really researched the reported measurements.

Check my blog (link at bottom). I have the Oobr and ProBooster side by side. They are pretty much the same height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC