ugh...Rd trip.new seat?

Zaiyne

so we weren't planning on a road trip until the end of this year. Family emergency has come up and now we are heading out Monday... my issue is we were going to grab 2 my rides at the end of the year. DS1 is in a GN and he gets bad head slump if he is in it long enough to go to sleep. (typically we aren't in the car for more than 30 min. at time) Money is very very tight and I don't want to just buy a seat for this one trip but I can not spend $200 either. DS1 is 37 lbs with about a 14'' torso. Would you choose a MR ( if he will fit I am sure he would sit "backwards" as he still ask to every so often and I would love to turn him back around) or is there something just as good that could be handed down to DS2 when he is to big for his SN32?

ADS

babyherder

If money is that tight I would get one myride now. Use it for your older ds until he outgrows it rf. Then pass it down to little one and put older ds back in the gn. I would not invest in two myrides when one kid is going to outgrow it in 3 lbs and the second kid has a rf seat he still fits in.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I know you have boys but Walmart has a MR for only $81.57 (it's purple though). Maybe you could get it cheap, use it for your trip, and then try to swap covers in swap. Or just save up for a new cover (they are $40) and then try to sell the purple one.

Zaiyne

yeah I'd only get one right now. we were just going to make use of the twin discount. The baby still has a bit in his seat since its the 32. Purple I wouldn't care ;) I like purple... but the pink on it... that may be an issue because some of my family has told DS pink is for girls :thumbsdown: DH wear's pink and looks good in it too :p .. now to work on DH with getting yet again another seat... DS1 has had 5 seats already :whistle: but we were buying what we could that did what we needed at the time and sold or passed on seats. Now I just want a seat that will work for on the road and can be passed to DS2 since DS1's trip seat was outgrown... there was no room for his feet in the SS2. Ugh if the economy would just pick back up so the IT jobs would be back I'd get two XTSLs. I was talking to DH and he said.. "I am going to be car seat poor" :rolleyes: I'd rather be car seat "poor" than listen to a 3 yr old whine,cry,scream because he can't go to sleep on a 9hr car ride...and that's without adding all the feeding stops in for the baby... ugh

MoreLatte

I agree with the other posters regarding the MyRide. I think it really makes a great FF seat, also.

And I just wanted to add that I :love:your siggy pic!!

Zaiyne

I agree with the other posters regarding the MyRide. I think it really makes a great FF seat, also.

And I just wanted to add that I :love:your siggy pic!!

Great to know its good FF also.. and thanks I was teary eyed when I was doing that shoot. DS1 was being soo sweet:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC