Is my kiddo too big for the My Ride

mayamac

I'm feeling that the e-mail joke my BIL sent about the differences between men and women is true! "A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.... "

The Purple My Ride should be arriving today. Should I not even open the box and just return it? Maybe I can use it....

When I hit the buy button I was thinking
1. There will another baby (but :triggs: I had a miscarriage last week, I'm getting older and maybe there won't be another baby- but anyway I really want a coccoro for a new baby.)
2. 5.5 yo DD is jealous about 3.5 DD being rearfacing in her 45lb RF RN, so I could put big girl in the Radian she is only about 37 pounds and put little girl in the My Ride, she is 33 pounds with a 12.5 torso.
3. We usually just let the kids stay with the car and not move carseats- I would really rather not move the radians around. this my ride would give us some flexibility.
4. In the past we carpooled with DH- he refuses to have a rear facing seat behind him- he is 6'4" so ok, but now I mostly have the car to myself.

DD1 is 5.5 yo, about 44 inches tall, about 37 pounds.
DD2 is 3.5 yo, about 39 inches tall, about 33 pounds, torso 12.5 (on THIRD, not first- she was covering up the others and I didn't see them- lol slot of Radian in RF)

Current main seats: DD1 FF in a Radian 65, DD2 RF in a Radian 80SL.

Sometimes DD1 rides in a turbobooster and we have a Regent sitting in the basement- it is just so big!

Does it make any sense to keep the My Ride? without another baby we could do both girls rear facing for a while longer in the main car, put the Radian 65 FF in DH's car for little DD and turbobooster for big DD. If we do have a third baby we could do 3 across in the main car with 2 Radians and a coccoro behind driver- that shouldn't bother DH, right? Let DH take the big girls around in the other car with the Turbobooster behind driver and the My Ride RF behind passenger while I keep the baby.

does any of this make sense? I guess bottom line is would you buy a My Ride for a 3.5 year old? ...it was a good deal.... I think she will like the purple and the cup holders. Perhaps I should just dust off the Regent and use that if need be in the other car (old honda civic with top tethers added)

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My 3.75 year old has a longer torso than your DD and still has an inch and half growing room in the MR. Sounds like your DD will fit. :thumbsup:

Oh, and DD seemed to grow half inch of torso in the last 6 months (grew an inch and half over all) so I believe we'll get another year out of the MR (so at least until she's 4.5, perhaps right up until 5).

ETA: I found a recent thread where I had DD's torso and it was 13 3/8". In the same thread, people had kids with 15" torsos still fitting RF in the MR. So, yes your DD will fit and have some time in it.

Last edited:

tanusscott22

Heres my thought, but I don't think you'll like it:) If you have a seat that works then you don't NEED another one. My vote is to returnit.

In stead why not take the money you would have spent on the MY Ride and invest it in something for your daughter? My DH and I started a college fund for our little one when he was born. You could get an I serries savings bond or open a little savings account for her or something like that.

Can you tell I'm the one that does the budget in our house hold!;)

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I also think that your daughter would have growing room in the My Ride. My son is on the 4th slots rear-facing in his Radian (and the 4th slots RF in the My Ride), and he still has room above his head in the My Ride. So, based on how my son fits in the two seats, I would think that if your daughter is on the 1st slot RF for the Radian, she should have a decent amount of room above her head in the My Ride. :)

babyherder

I see three possibilities:

1. If you want another kid keep the myride, use it, enjoy it, and use it for a secondary seat for the next kid. Cocorro can be the main seat.

2. If your little one is 33 lbs can she ride rf in the older radian, leaving the newer radian for your bigger dd? Then they could both rear face with seats you already have.

3. Whatever. Its amazing and awesome so keep the myride, sell another seat (maybe a regent) and use that money to invest in something else (like college) for your dds.

Jonah Baby

I've got a 14.5" torso boy who sits on the 3rd MR slots RF.
Your girly should fit for a long time.

But, it is true that the money could go elsewhere.
Or if you are set on the MR, what about selling the Regent?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'm so debating getting one of those too! I could turn my 3yo back RF. Plus, it's such a great deal, I could order another cover that is NOT purple so when my baby outgrows his Titan, he could use the MR. I could still get the whole thing, extra cover and all for less than the regular price of the MR.

mayamac

I'd love to sell the regent. I listed it on craigslist a while back- only one bite and I think I talked her out of it. Her baby was too little and she didn't know the seat would expire.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC