evenflo "big kid" booster

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No EPS foam in the headrest, so I would avoid it unless you have side curtain airbags to offer side impact protection. The seat is nice and big and the flip up armrests are nice :).

scatterbunny

I hate it. :p It's flimsy-looking, lacks padding and deep enough headwings, and has no EPS foam.

A better choice would be a Graco TurboBooster. Even better, in my opinion, would be a Compass B510 (NOT the B500, it is incredibly short and outgrown too quickly) or a Britax Parkway. Those all have EPS foam and deep headwings and good padding. The Turbo's armrests are fixed though, and can make it hard or confusing to buckle. The B510's armrests flip up like the Big Kid. The Parkway does not have armrests to get in the way of buckling and adjusts about two inches taller than the others, allowing for probably 2 more years of use.

Splash

It's average. But it fits my 19 month old son REALLY well.

Of course, I would not USE it for a nineteen month old... unless we're talking major emergency situation.

You can do better for the same price. A Graco TurboBooster is a better seat, and sometimes cheaper.

tech_raechel

Senior Community Member
I have the whole gamut of them - the original, the deluxe and the Everest. I like them. While they don't have the EPS foam, I do like them better than the Turbobooster in most cases (however, most of my use is biased toward them because they work better in tight situations/3-across). The basic model doesn't have any padding, but the kids I've had in it think it's fine (do to the shape of the seat, I think). It's a decent seat if you can't afford the TB; the basic BK is only around $35-40. The deluxe version has decent padding and the Everest has very nice padding and lights in the headwings.

HTH!

Jordynsmama

If you are talking about the Big Kid Delux, it is horrible, simply because of the fact that if your child falls asleep, which mine always does, they fall completely foreward and sideways...not just their head falling down as with a harness seat, but like practically touching the seat next to them-really scary and so incredibly unsafe. Especially by a door.
I have that sitting in the garage and bought a parkway which I LOVE. The head wings keep her head up all the time.
If you want a booster, I would spend an extra 30-40.00 on the Parkway-it fits my dd very safe and snug and I don't have to worry about the sleeping issue-plus it has excellent SIP.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Don't get it.

"joolsplus3 No EPS foam in the headrest, so I would avoid it unless you have side curtain airbags to offer side impact protection. The seat is nice and big and the flip up armrests are nice . "

No Evenflo car seats can be used by an air bag. Get the Turbo or Compass, or the new Evenflo Confidence (but not with an air bag).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't get it.

"joolsplus3 No EPS foam in the headrest, so I would avoid it unless you have side curtain airbags to offer side impact protection. The seat is nice and big and the flip up armrests are nice . "

No Evenflo car seats can be used by an air bag. Get the Turbo or Compass, or the new Evenflo Confidence (but not with an air bag).

Oh yeah, Evenflo's airbag rules (all their bizarre rules) are so obscure I can't even remember them, as they are so counterintuitive to safety and best practice...siiiiiigh...

Splash

Wha? Airbag? Huh? You can't use the seat by an airbag? Now THAT is a screwed up rule. O-kay... so... I guess I shouldn't keep the Triumph as my spare instead of a Boulevard? Because my dad most certainly has side airbags...

Yeah, nice.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
yeah, check out the manual, it probably says something like don't use by any active airbags (and it's why they ditched their insane rule about no seats in front of flip down armrests... they decided armrests are less dangerous than airbags...well, you know, since they made up the armrest rule based on NO INJURY data in the first place... how many kids have they killed because people are so afraid of armrests they put their kids in the outboard seat next to the door? Um...can you tell I'm not a big evenflo fan? :mad: )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC