What latchable boosters are currently on the market?

dulcita77

I need a latchable booster for my MIL and FIL to use. I don't think the Monterrey would be a good choice because they take the seat out when not in use and they "flop" around and I can imagine it frustrating my inlaws (FIL is 72 and he installs the seats).

DD would only use the seat once a week.

My sig is a little out of date, she is now 50lbs and 46 inches.

ADS

Maedze

Is there a specific reason it must be LATCHable? The LATCHable options are the Monterey, the Nautilus and the Frontier in booster mode, the Cybex Solution X-fix, and the Clek Oobr.

dulcita77

1) MIL likes latchable. 2) I don't want to trust that they would buckle it back up during the rare occasions that they have it in the car without her (like when they drop her off back home.

They DO already have a GN that they use for her. But they need to start using the seatbelt to install it due to her weight. Or they can use it booster mode, hmm.

Maedze

Was there a reason they couldn't use it in harnessed mode? (It's one of the easiest seats on the market to install with a seatbelt.)

Otherwise, they could LATCH it in and use it as a belt positioning booster. At your daughter's size, it should fit her quite well in booster mode.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If it's like the other Compass boosters it's wide and short.

I'd just use your Nautilus in booster mode LATCHed it. No money spent.

Wendy

Brycen'sMommy

Is the Pathway coming out soon?

Do we know much about that seat yet?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ES4SBM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1GESR8HB4P914GHJAC4H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]This[/ame] says it will be released June 28.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC