Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Leapster Didj

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Leapster Didj

Looks like it's being discontinued. I got one last year on Woot I think and just picked up a few more games on the Leapster website for $13 each. I think they have free shipping over $40 and I found a 20% off code too (junbday)
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Leapster Didj

The company has repeatedly claimed that it is not discontinued (not that I believe them). My target just put a new dispaly up for it though.

We got in on the woot deal. Then I found some games on sale at trs online. Target pricematched them then I also had another store coupon. Picked up 4 games like that (9.99), 1 from ebay, and then found one for 6ish the other day.

My ds loves his didj far more then he ever seemed to like his leapster or vsmile pocket thing. He also has a ds but will pick the didj up first!

Now he is obscessed over thr new leapster explorer. Trying to resist!

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

I guess I just assumed it was being discontinued. It's listed on clearance in the Best Buy add and all the games are super cheap on the Leapster website - I thought the new Leapster might be replacing it.

We haven't given DD the Didj yet, probably for Christmas or birthday next winter. I just don't want to be stuck not being able to get anymore games so I'm stocking up now.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

Jakesmom

Just read on Leapfrog webiste on the parents forum that they are discontinu​ing the leapster didj to replace it with the new explorer and of course no compatability with the games or the leapster games as well